Bridgemen to host I & E/Mini Corps Competition

I am pleased to announce that the Bridgemen will be bringing back the DRUMFEST I & E show.

The Drumfest, which the corps ran from the mid 70's to 1980, will be held on Saturday March 15th at St.Andrews in Bayonne. The show will consist of a Jr & Sr division for each instrument and ensemble plus a mini corps competition. There will also be exhibitions by The Emerald Grenadears All-female Alumni Corps and the Bridgemen Alumni Corps.

More details of this event will be forth coming in the next few weeks. Anyone who is interested in participating can either PM me or email me at Gmanbay41@aol.com.

Other important dates we have are November 17th & 18th, which is our 2008 Open House weekend and June 14th, 2008, which is when the Tournamnet Of Stars will be held.

If you would like more info about the corps please visit our website @www.Bridgemen.com

Hype!

George

Edited by gmanbay41

WOW..loved the Drum Fest!! was some great times

(PS..are those in drag allowed in a Catholic school???)

Edited by hurcwave

(PS..are those in drag allowed in a Catholic school???)

the Catholic school grad in me has a :sshh: response to that. the practical part of me says i don't feel like dying today. :satisfied:

should be a great show no matter who shows up dressed as whatever. :lolhit:

Will this show be in addition to the BHOF series of contests that were talked about recently?

Or is this one of those contests?

Tom,

This is a show that is not part of the BHOF series of contests.

It's just another venue for I & E and Mini corps to compete at. We hope it will be a GREAT experience for all of those who participate.

We are looking to do it the same way(use the same sheets and all) as all of the other shows do.

Thanks,

George

Will this show be in addition to the BHOF series of contests that were talked about recently?

Or is this one of those contests?

The BHOF will be sponsoring two I&E/Mini Corps shows ... 2/23/2008 in Garfield at the Sky Alumni's VFW Post and 3/29/2008 in Bridgeport ... formal announcements and details will be published shortly ...

Andy "your cordial BHOF MC" Lisko

I think the Drumfest was still going in the spring of 1981, because it was at the Bayonne I&E show that spring that the Ski Mask Cadets made their one, and so far only, appearance.

Unless the show had a different name and format that year, I dunno.

Perhaps someday, the Ski Mask Cadets will return to the mini-corps arena.

A lot depends on the availability of the corps' founder and director, Joe Ponduki. To make a long story short, Mr. Ponduki is......uhhhhhh.....not yet able to travel to certain states in the USA..... or in any other country, for that matter.

Seems that years ago, he was caught up in an incident that.... again to make a long story short.....involved firearms, kegs of beer, several large military vehicles and a variety of circus animals. b**bs

Fran

Seems that years ago, he was caught up in an incident that.... again to make a long story short.....involved firearms, kegs of beer, several large military vehicles and a variety of circus animals. b**bs

You mean DCA Championships?

:wub:

Rock it George!

From,

Hersch

I am pleased to announce that the Bridgemen will be bringing back the DRUMFEST I & E show.

The Drumfest, which the corps ran from the mid 70's to 1980, will be held on Saturday March 15th at St.Andrews in Bayonne. The show will consist of a Jr & Sr division for each instrument and ensemble plus a mini corps competition. There will also be exhibitions by The Emerald Grenadears All-female Alumni Corps and the Bridgemen Alumni Corps.

More details of this event will be forth coming in the next few weeks. Anyone who is interested in participating can either PM me or email me at Gmanbay41@aol.com.

Other important dates we have are November 17th & 18th, which is our 2008 Open House weekend and June 14th, 2008, which is when the Tournamnet Of Stars will be held.

If you would like more info about the corps please visit our website @www.Bridgemen.com

Hype!

George