SCV 2003

Yeah, it was pretty cool to march that show. It really whipped me into "shape".

love it. super hard visual book and definitely one of my favorite drumlines ever. they're so #### aggressive.

the intro is way impressive and had to have been incredibly hard to put together.

Actually, the first time we did it at April camp (if I remember correctly), we were expecting a train wreck. We were all very surprised when the staff in the box let out a sigh of relief when it actually lined up. What made it hard was that you heard the other side of the field playing behind the DM's hands and it made my head want to explode.

We watched them track the opener at a rehearsal one day.

Good God that sucked. By chance was that in Denver?

Actually, the first time we did it at April camp (if I remember correctly), we were expecting a train wreck. We were all very surprised when the staff in the box let out a sigh of relief when it actually lined up. What made it hard was that you heard the other side of the field playing behind the DM's hands and it made my head want to explode.

oh. well that works too :) i can't even imagine performing that section in a dome, haha.

I thought it was cool that the cymbals ran through the middle and suicided. That was awesome.

Yes... It give me chills every time I see the cymbal line do the suicide.

I really really like that show! It's one of the very few that I watch repeatedly on the 2003 DVD. One thing I noticed is that they rarely ever did "park & blow" and it was awesome! I wasn't around these forums yet when this show happened so I couldn't find a review. Here is a short review: The opener has to be one of my all time favorites, the theme was excellent, the drumline was on fire.... the corps just kept playing and moving and playing and moving... the first time I saw it I was huffing and puffing! Very excellent show!

What did you all think about the show? Just curious.

What a great opening this show had. I saw this live for the first time at Qtr Finals and man did there hornline deliver an intense sound in that opening hit. What kept me engaged was the fast motion and overall SCV intensity....

Edited by Triple Forte

I just watched this show, and I must say - I really like the Trumpets during the little I guess "conga" feature.

Made me want to get "groovy"

Drumline...

*sign of the cross*

:laugh:

2003 was a great show...

along with 97 98 99 00 04 06 and 07

I completely agree and wouldn't add or delete a single show from your list. '99 is one of my all-time favorite shows and, IMO, '97 and '98 are grossly underrated. Comparitively, '00 garners tremendous praise on DCP, but I'd put it below these other shows on my "SCV Great Show" (of recent years) list.

Keep in mind that even though SCV placed 5th, the drumline placed 2nd. That drumline was excellent, love Casella's writing that year and what execution by them. What a precursor to the legendary 04 drumline.

Edited by Jeffe77

One of my favorite shows to this day of all time.

The ballad is available on the soundtrack to the movie Pollock, written by Jeff Beal. It's titled One Man Show.

What kept me engaged was the fast motion and overall SCV intensity....

It's funny...we always talked about how we were going to impress everyone the following year. We joked about how the show would be just called "200" and would be eleven minutes of marching at that bpm.

I guess Scherezade worked just as well :)