Earthquake...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All my Renegade friends kewl??

I have no idea if 5.6 is a big deal or not.

Anywho.. somone drop a not and let the non earthquake savvy know that things are all good.

####! I missed another one.

Looks like it was a little south, closer to San Jose.

Quake info.

Yeah, I was in a 5.2 once in the Midwest not too far from the epicenter and it was noticeable. Tonight I was driving to the In And Out with my brother for dinner around 8pm so we must have missed it.

a 5.6 can be pretty significant...it's up at the level where Californians pay attention. No reports of damage yet....our buildings are built to take worse than a 5.6....but stuff probably came off the shelves.

This was kind of weird ... Almost knocked me off the couch here in the East Bay. It was just a single jolt, like a wave passing by. When we had the 4.2 in San Leandro (or thereabouts) a couple of months ago, my bed was shaking for 15 seconds or so.

I guess quakes come in different varieties. Be interesting to see the late news on what kind of damage happened in the South Bay.

everybody is fine so far. Where I live in Napa we didnt feel it at all, but San jose is about 70 (?) miles away where it was centered.

Talked to a few San jose people who said it didnt do anything. Described as a quick jolt, then rolled for about 15 seconds after. Not big...just long :)

yup a quick jolt initally then just rolled ... knoced a few things off the shelves here ... but thats about it .....

One of my roommates stood in his doorway then saw his room walls moving ... next thing out of his mouth was ... EVERYBODY GET THE #### OUT NOW ....

Wasnt too bad here but still it was my first.

The news is calling this the most significant quake since Loma Prieta ... But it doesn't seem like it caused much damage.

It was a good shake. I had just stepped out to walk the dogs and heard it before I felt it (they didn't notice a thing). Was pretty short initial jolt, then the slow rolling of an aftershock. Not a huge quake, but it was the most significant since Loma Prieta (that was a big one).

Remember - on the Richter scale, each increment is equal to ten times the force (a 6 is 10xas strong as a 5).

Hope it eased the pressure on the fault system. The longer it builds, the bigger the quake.