Soprnos/Trumpets

Captainwelch

Out of the market for sopranos (trumpets) which would you preffer to march a season on  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Out of the market for sopranos (trumpets) which would you preffer to march a season on

• (Bb) Kanstul (Similar to Bluecoats sops)
    • (Bb) Kanstul- Col
    • (Bb) Dynasty
    • (Bb) Yamaha
    • (Bb) King
    • (Bb) Bach Strad
    • (Bb) Cornet- any brand
    • (G) kanstul
    • (G) Dynasty

I wasn't crying about the weight of any horn and I never have. How's about I give you a Stinger missle, an M-16, a squad radio and an 80 pound ruck sack in 100+ Kuwait heat (at night) and then send you on a 12 mile road march (I was with Task Force 3/32 Armor while assigned to 4th Battalion, 5th Air Defense Artillery Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division from Ft. Hood Texas)? I've done it--can you? :P

No, a trumpet is not heavy. In fact, I'm marching a 3 valve Dynasty bari right now and not my little 2 valve King because te Dynasty is heavier, and I like the back pressure (too bad the peddle tones don't sound as well with it though).

Edited by ravedodger

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone out there whining about a trumpet's weight (oh no, Monette's are heavy!  :o ).

Hold a Euphonium for three minutes---that will clear up any misconceptions about heaviness!  ^0^

Bring me a Euph. We'll see who's arms will drop fastest. ^0^

AND back to the topic...I voted for G Kanstul--We are in American drum and Bugle Corps (as opposed to the English bugles typically keyed in Bb) aren't we?

Edited by ravedodger

For anyone out there whining about a trumpet's weight (oh no, Monette's are heavy!  :o ).

Hold a Euphonium for three minutes---that will clear up any misconceptions about heaviness!  ^0^

Bring me a Euph. We'll see who's arms will drop fastest. ^0^

Do I just get bragging rights when yours drop first, or will you also wash my car? b**bs

Edited by RenegadeBaritone

bring it!!! I haven't washed the Thunderchicken in about 2 months--you'll have to use my soap though. :P

Me and you. Saturday. Treasure Island. Don't forget your rain slicker. I wouldn't want you to catch a cold. ^0^

Edited by ravedodger

bring it!!! I haven't washed the Thunderchicken in about 2 months--you'll have to use my soap though. :P

Me and you. Saturday. Treasure Island. Don't forget your rain slicker. I wouldn't want you to catch a cold. ^0^

We need Euphoniums...

::chirp chirp chirp::

I'll see if our 'shipment' is coming in.

BTW- If you don't like your king, I'll buy it back from you. It's in mint condition!

I'm a soprano player. I don't say i can hold it better. But for the baritone/euph players at camp that drop thier horn while playing. I say "If I, a weiny soprano player, can hold that thing up for the duration of a set, so can you.." Its encouragement to them not to let a weiny soprano player show them up, it seems to work. B)

LOL

For someone who is going from Euph to Sop ( stupid wrist injury ). Sop players should never complain or think they can hold a euph better then a person who has marched a euph. :rolleyes:

I also marched contra last spring with a broken hand.