Erie Thunderbirds

Coolie Story. One year working with Dunkirk we were at winter rehearsal and there was a new sop in the line. He didn;t play very well and Coolie read him the riot act for not being there earlier in the winter to practice the techniques that the Corps had worked on. Steve reallly let him have it.

During a break another horn player asked Steve if he knew where the new horn player had come from. Steve said "no". Then he learned the the guy had just gotten out of jail for stabbing some one.

After the Break Dunkirk had a new soloist. LOL

Good luck Erie and Steve.

Cleaning monitor after reading this one..... :tongue:

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He once told a horn player I know that he probably should go find the drum room. Or asked him if he had ever played drums before or something like that.

Donny

He once told a horn player I know that he probably should go find the drum room. Or asked him if he had ever played drums before or something like that.

Donny

I know,................I almost had my first solo ever on contra last year using vibrato,.................Nick knew Cooley was in the house..................and knocked the horn right outta my hands,.....................so you know where I'm at, back in the drumline!

Vibrato on contra is really special...

I saw that when Nick did that to you BTW...that was not nice of Nick at all. I almost came up there to reprimand him, and have him swab the deck or report to the brig for his just punishment. But he was too busy playing with vibrato...er mean without vibrato.

Donny

Hey Joe..........is Steve's bag of stools a technique I should look into????? Sounds like it worked good.

Joebaloney (according to Nick)

:troll food:

Might be something Steve picked up from one of his Prof's when he was at Eastman. You know.........what's his name.............Chuck Mangione...? I could be wrong though.....

Might be something Steve picked up from one of his Prof's when he was at Eastman. You know.........what's his name.............Chuck Mangione...? I could be wrong though.....

never heard of him,....................but there's this dude named Gap,................now he can wail,.............

Wow Gene............ya think the Cat in the Hat used stools and Steve picked it all up from him?????? wwow............

:troll food:

Edited by Jimbalaya

I'll go...