Zydeco 2008

PrfctTimeOfDay

I got chills reading it. . .bring the tissues to Dayton, I think this is gonna be a good one.

I saw this on WGI's site:

Zydeco Announces 2008 Program

Nov 1, 2007

“The courage of life is often a less dramatic spectacle than the courage of a final moment; but it is no less a magnificent mixture of triumph and tragedy.”

~John F. Kennedy

On September 11, 2001, shortly after terrorists flew airplanes into the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center and into the Pentagon, the passengers and crew members on United Airlines Flight 93 fought a tremendous battle in the sky over Pennsylvania.

The story of Flight 93 is a story of hope in human courage and cooperation. When confronted with the gravity of their situation, the passengers and crew of Flight 93 chose to act heroically and sacrifice their lives for their country. These 40 men and women made a democratic decision to fight back against terrorism and thereby thwarted a planned attack on our nation’s capital, saving countless numbers of lives, but sacrificing their own in a remote field just east of Pittsburgh, in Somerset County, Pennsylvania.

Zydeco World presents their 2008 program:

United Flight 93 – A Memorial

Set to the haunting strains of Samuel Barber’s “Adagio for Strings & Agnus Dei”, Zydeco will take the viewers on an emotional journey of remembrance as we pay tribute to the passengers aboard United Airlines Flight 93.

Zydeco’s 2008 production will not be a literal interpretation of the events that transpired on September 11th; but rather a reminder of the emotions felt by us all from this tragic event. Through intricate staging patterns, expressive choreography sequences and visual motifs of flying and disappearance, we hope to bring a new and challenging look to the performance floor of Winter Guard International.

We dedicate this program to the forty lives that were lost in bravery, and the forty heroes that emerged from tragedy and inspired a nation.

The 26 young men and women of Zydeco will be performing at the Pittsburgh and Dayton regionals; as well as the Indianapolis, IN Power Regional and World Championships in Dayton, OH.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got chills reading it. . .bring the tissues to Dayton, I think this is gonna be a good one.

I saw this on WGI's site:

Zydeco Announces 2008 Program

Nov 1, 2007

“The courage of life is often a less dramatic spectacle than the courage of a final moment; but it is no less a magnificent mixture of triumph and tragedy.”

~John F. Kennedy

On September 11, 2001, shortly after terrorists flew airplanes into the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center and into the Pentagon, the passengers and crew members on United Airlines Flight 93 fought a tremendous battle in the sky over Pennsylvania.

The story of Flight 93 is a story of hope in human courage and cooperation. When confronted with the gravity of their situation, the passengers and crew of Flight 93 chose to act heroically and sacrifice their lives for their country. These 40 men and women made a democratic decision to fight back against terrorism and thereby thwarted a planned attack on our nation’s capital, saving countless numbers of lives, but sacrificing their own in a remote field just east of Pittsburgh, in Somerset County, Pennsylvania.

Zydeco World presents their 2008 program:

United Flight 93 – A Memorial

Set to the haunting strains of Samuel Barber’s “Adagio for Strings & Agnus Dei”, Zydeco will take the viewers on an emotional journey of remembrance as we pay tribute to the passengers aboard United Airlines Flight 93.

Zydeco’s 2008 production will not be a literal interpretation of the events that transpired on September 11th; but rather a reminder of the emotions felt by us all from this tragic event. Through intricate staging patterns, expressive choreography sequences and visual motifs of flying and disappearance, we hope to bring a new and challenging look to the performance floor of Winter Guard International.

We dedicate this program to the forty lives that were lost in bravery, and the forty heroes that emerged from tragedy and inspired a nation.

The 26 young men and women of Zydeco will be performing at the Pittsburgh and Dayton regionals; as well as the Indianapolis, IN Power Regional and World Championships in Dayton, OH.

Wow. I hope their ready for the possibility that this could totally blow up in their faces, even if they are a world guard this year...

I don't think it will blow up in their faces. It says they will not take a literal interpretation of the events. They will probably give us just enough to remind us of our own feeling of that day without being over the top.

Yeah, I think Zydeco's Staff knows what they are doing

They have:

Joe Sowders: Northern Lights and Miamisburg

Byron Valentine: Centerville and Bluecoats

Michael Townsend: Avon, Carmel, Center Grove and Carolina Crown

Jim Olson: Miamisburg's head director

Plus a handful of others. . .

I think Zydeco has at least 3-5 previous Pride of Cincy Members, and just as many previous Onyx members

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

Wow. I hope their ready for the possibility that this could totally blow up in their faces, even if they are a world guard this year...

Exactly what I was thinking.

Same here. Isn't it too soon?

Now that's creepy. That is exactly what I was thinking!

This should be a wonderful show! I've got some friends marching there, so i'll be cheering them on regardless.