What's up in Memphis?

So, Memphis Sound wins Div. III last year, Andre Feagin is named Div. III Director of the Year and now...it seems like almost every staff position, including his is out for hire.

To me, this doesn't make sense....you all won Div. III last year. Wouldn't the staff try to make those good things happen again? Or, were they already destined to move other places before last season ended?

No word yet on a new corps director either. It's getting late for that announcement with their audition camp only 18 days away.

Any vets coming back? Going other places?

What's happening with Memphis Sound?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Myusik4Jakassez

I heard Andre moved to California, so he's working with SCV now. I don't know how accurate that is, but it makes sense.

I don't know anything about the other positions.

I heard Andre moved to California, so he's working with SCV now. I don't know how accurate that is, but it makes sense.

I don't know anything about the other positions.

Nor should you.

Young man, judging by your signature, you're approximately 16 years old. I'm not sure how appropriate it is for a 16-year-old corps member to be commenting on the personnel affairs of other corps or "what they've heard" about their staff members in this manner. Perhaps that's something that you and your present corps director may want to discuss and consider before posting in a public forum such as this. I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds this to be highly inappropriate.

"Children should be seen and not heard... unless, of course, they're performing on a football field." :lookaround:

Nor should you.

Young man, judging by your signature, you're approximately 16 years old. I'm not sure how appropriate it is for a 16-year-old corps member to be commenting on the personnel affairs of other corps or "what they've heard" about their staff members in this manner. Perhaps that's something that you and your present corps director may want to discuss and consider before posting in a public forum such as this. I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds this to be highly inappropriate.

"Children should be seen and not heard... unless, of course, they're performing on a football field." :lookaround:

Actually, I had no issue with it. Corps members talk. He brought forth the information he had heard at some point. That's DCP. So not really sure what would have brought about a scolding, but, I see no wrong in it.

Anyway, any word from Memphis?

Nor should you.

The Raiders allow our kids to post on dcp because I believe in free speech.It is a good tool for them to make & keep friends. It helps them learn about our activity through what they and other experience across the country.

We do have a posting policy and I monitor what the Raider members post. Ask any of them, if something is out of line with our guidelines they are asked to edit the post immediately. We do not have many issues.

I do not think he commented on personal affairs of the corps. He didnt say they parted ways for a negative reason. All he said was he heard Andre moved to Cali and is working with SCV. If that is true Andre would be listed on the SCV web page.

Please end the conversation here.

Nor should you.

"Grumpy Old Man, Party of One... your Table is ready"

"Grumpy Old Man, Party of One... your Table is ready"

Perhaps that is true. Perhaps I am a grumpy old man. It just strikes me as odd that a 16-year-old is commenting on "what he heard" about the personnel affairs of another organization.

After years of observing this and other forums, I've come to notice that the corps who do the best are generally those who say the least (about things outside of the walls of their organization), either officially on their web sites or through the "free speech" of their members. While it may be considered to be admirable that the director protects his members and encourages their freedom to post here, it's also out of line, imho, for a child to be commenting on matters such as this.

Regardless of division, I don't notice many members of top organizations making comments like this. Perhaps there is some sort of correlation there.

*edited for clarity

Edited by corpsvalues

Perhaps that is true. Perhaps I am a grumpy old man. It just strikes me as odd that a 16-year-old is commenting on "what he heard" about the personnel affairs of another organization.

After years of observing this and other forums, I've come to notice that the corps who do the best are generally those who say the least (about things outside of the walls of their organization), either officially on their web sites or through the "free speech" of their members. While it may be considered to be admirable that the director protects his members and encourages their freedom to post here, it's also out of line, imho, for a child to be commenting on matters such as this.

Regardless of division, I don't notice many members of top organizations making comments like this. Perhaps there is some sort of correlation there.

*edited for clarity

Thanks for your opinion and kind words. I am glad I have the time to allow the review of quotes by my members. This is a great example of why America is the greatest country in the world. Freedom of opinion and the freedom to express that opinion.

Hope to meet you in person this summer Corpsvalues!

Edited by tnmaiello

An announcement from the SCV website.....

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...eagin&st=10

http://scvanguard.org/about/news/news.cfm?...17-d06ecdf4d2ec

Edited by tnmaiello

Nor should you.

Young man, judging by your signature, you're approximately 16 years old. I'm not sure how appropriate it is for a 16-year-old corps member to be commenting on the personnel affairs of other corps or "what they've heard" about their staff members in this manner.

Well, if "what they've heard" came from a press release which is already public knowledge, repeated here merely for the benefit of anyone who missed it previously, then I see no harm/no foul.