Hawthorne Caballeros Present!

Uh....um.....Does this mean I have to practice? :lol:

Why start now :P ?

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will be happy to know that the best of Porgy & Bess came in a very closes second. :lol:

I can see it now: "Porgy and Bess..... The Latin Side"

Then again, perhaps not. :P

Fran

Yeah, most Cabs shows garner that reaction. I really can't wait to hear the wailing BARITONES in Malaguena AND Spanish Fantasy. Listen to the quintet in 1996's Spanish Fantasy for probably one of the highest baritone notes ever played in DCA. Complete balls. :lol:

That note would be an A I believe, and it was none other than Mike Winfield and Andy Grilk playing that baritone duet with the sopranos (Andy is the one that lasered the A at the end), Timmy Campbell, Frank Ponzo, and I'm not sure of the other soprano. Some on here has GOT to know the answer to that.

Sometimes, when I read your posts...I wish I had married a drum corps girl. :P

And to think I married a guy that I thought would pull me out of corps, and it turned out when we joined the Caballeros, he loves it just as much as I do. I'm a lunatic when it comes to drum corps, especially my beloved Caballeros.

I made Brian Grilk a CD entitled: "Shut up and Break Things: Our Great Caballero Tradition" Packed with 8 of our mutual favorite shows.

People think I'm a nut when I'm driving the parkway or going to the market because I pretend to play and finger the parts and sing all the mellophone parts or soprano/trumpet solos and always point my index finger up in the air when a super soprano soloist kills babies with a high note.

GOD! I'm a ll fired up now. Is it November 25th yet!?!?!?!?!?

CABALLERO PRIDE!!!!

That note would be an A I believe, and it was none other than Mike Winfield and Andy Grilk playing that baritone duet with the sopranos (Andy is the one that lasered the A at the end), Timmy Campbell, Frank Ponzo, and I'm not sure of the other soprano. Some on here has GOT to know the answer to that.

And to think I married a guy that I thought would pull me out of corps, and it turned out when we joined the Caballeros, he loves it just as much as I do. I'm a lunatic when it comes to drum corps, especially my beloved Caballeros.

I made Brian Grilk a CD entitled: "Shut up and Break Things: Our Great Caballero Tradition" Packed with 8 of our mutual favorite shows.

People think I'm a nut when I'm driving the parkway or going to the market because I pretend to play and finger the parts and sing all the mellophone parts or soprano/trumpet solos and always point my index finger up in the air when a super soprano soloist kills babies with a high note.

GOD! I'm a ll fired up now. Is it November 25th yet!?!?!?!?!?

CABALLERO PRIDE!!!!

The other soprano was Pete Fox. And I THINK that was Mike WInfield that played the upper register stuff in the sextet. Timmy Campbel, Ponzo, and Pete had some fun as well..........

Sounds like an epic show I gotta admit.........Can't wait to hear it. See everyone at the open house. (I may bring my mouthpiece) ^0^

So who comes from Delaware (or anywhere between Dover and Hawthorne) that I could carpool with (not for open house but for the season) :)

3 hours, 19 minutes!

OMG!!!! Just when I thought I marched my last show this past year. Just maybe I can get my old legs to do one more season to play some of my favorite lead trumpet/soprano parts? It would be great. How about you Guy LaFlamme? Will this show drag you out of Canada one more time?

Laura - I can feel your excitement all the way over here in New York.

Mike (Doc)

Cabs lead sop/trumpet '03-07

Muchachos '65-67

and some other corps

So who comes from Delaware (or anywhere between Dover and Hawthorne) that I could carpool with (not for open house but for the season) :)

3 hours, 19 minutes!

Buff, Me and Marianne (I think), both come from South Jersey. We're just off exit 3 on the turnpike. Perhaps that could work? I'm sure there's others round here too.

OMG!!!! Just when I thought I marched my last show this past year. Just maybe I can get my old legs to do one more season to play some of my favorite lead trumpet/soprano parts? It would be great. How about you Guy LaFlamme? Will this show drag you out of Canada one more time?

Laura - I can feel your excitement all the way over here in New York.

Mike (Doc)

Cabs lead sop/trumpet '03-07

Muchachos '65-67

and some other corps

Mike, I can't think right now, I'm still in shock!!