Hawthorne Caballeros Present!

Sure you're not thinking about staying the season Frank? :cool::doh:

Sorry....my competing days with the Caballeros are over. Too much work involved for me!!! And all the new things....it would take me years to change the way I hold my horn!!!

All day long, Gordito was at me asking, "Frank, are you REALLY marching this year"? and the whole rehearsal, I kept telling him, "YES"! (I think I might have scared him a little...)...

Finally, as I was leaving, Brian Wilke asked me (In front of Gordito), "Are you marching this year?", again I said. YES". He then asked me, "Are you marching HERE?" I said, "Yes....I am marching in the Caballeros". He then asked me, "Will you be competing next year?" I said, "Yes....with the Golden Eagles Mini Corps". Then he asked me, "Will you be marching with the Hawthorne Caballeros Competing Corps?" I then said, "NO...I will be marching with the Hawthorne Caballeros ALUMNI CORPS"!

Gordito just shook his head, and breathed a sigh of relief!!!

I had him the whole rehearsal!!! It was GREAT!!!!! :doh:

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry....my competing days with the Caballeros are over. Too much work involved for me!!! And all the new things....it would take me years to change the way I hold my horn!!!

All day long, Gordito was at me asking, "Frank, are you REALLY marching this year"? and the whole rehearsal, I kept telling him, "YES"! (I think I might have scared him a little...)...

Finally, as I was leaving, Brian Wilke asked me (In front of Gordito), "Are you marching this year?", again I said. YES". He then asked me, "Are you marching HERE?" I said, "Yes....I am marching in the Caballeros". He then asked me, "Will you be competing next year?" I said, "Yes....with the Golden Eagles Mini Corps". Then he asked me, "Will you be marching with the Hawthorne Caballeros Competing Corps?" I then said, "NO...I will be marching with the Hawthorne Caballeros ALUMNI CORPS"!

I had him the whole rehearsal!!! It was GREAT!!!!! :cool:

"Will You be Competing":

You've been a baaaaaaaadddd boy. :doh:

Elphaba

not enough of these guys to go around! :doh:

that is just priceless Frank!!!

Your running around days may be over big guy but you sure can still play that horn... Good seeing you yesterday..

psst...and the beer's cheap too. :cool:

We had a new baritone named Terrence make his way to the bar last night as Glenn and I were tending. I said we have Corona, Bud, Bud Lite, and of course Coors lite, and wine and hard liquor for mixed drinks. He was in awe when I said beer is 2 bucks and Corona and mixers are only 3 bucks. I think he liked his first day at the Post.

And to Brian Grilk and our wandering down memory lane at the trophy case, thanks for showing me your favorites.

Welcome to Hawthorne all new members, I hope to see all of you next camp and of course at our annual Christmas Banquet and Awards Ceremony.

We had a new baritone named Terrence make his way to the bar last night as Glenn and I were tending. I said we have Corona, Bud, Bud Lite, and of course Coors lite, and wine and hard liquor for mixed drinks. He was in awe when I said beer is 2 bucks and Corona and mixers are only 3 bucks. I think he liked his first day at the Post.

And to Brian Grilk and our wandering down memory lane at the trophy case, thanks for showing me your favorites.

Welcome to Hawthorne all new members, I hope to see all of you next camp and of course at our annual Christmas Banquet and Awards Ceremony.

Ok, when is the bar open!?!?!?! :doh::doh::cool:

Don't let Terrence surprise you....he is in awe that he can wake up every morning!!! LOL (besides him being a space cadet!!) :cool:

But don't let him fool you. He's a VERY good horn player. I have known him since he is about 8 or 10 years old, when he used to come down to the Golden Eagles with his dad. He is now a member of our mini corps, and very happy to have him there as well. :doh:

Frank,

I can press a couple of buttons and transpose a Bb part to G, but there is no button for me to push to make your drill easier.........

.......unless...........

nah. Forget about it.

:doh:

(Little does Dennis know that I was actually playing my (dare I say) TRUMPET yesterday!)

And your right.......don't go there..... :cool::doh:

(Little does Dennis know that I was actually playing my (dare I say) TRUMPET yesterday!)

And your right.......don't go there..... :doh::cool:

Hopkins would have loved you to play your (dare I say) SAX!!!