Drum Corps at Disney?

glory

I will be there in Disney World Florida for my wifes birth at the end of February. I will wear my drum corps t-shirts.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time I was in Disney World (December 2005) there were corps kids EVERYWHERE. I even saw J.D. Shaw, Rich Viano and Dan Acheson.

There were so many of us there that we did a Christmas parade.

I saw Rich Viano playing in the Animal Kingdom band in January.

...a certain washboard player from the Madison Alumni Corps is in the Jammitors at epcot as well!

When we werwe at disney last year for a band trip i saw a few people that had a cavaliers shirt and carolina crown shirt. I didn't wear my corps shirt because I wore one of them on the way to disney and the other one on the way home lol.

I always wear a Madison Scout shirt when I go to Epcot...just an old habit from when Future Corps were there. I'd always get a thumbs up from some of the members...I think they liked to have someone watching who they knew appreciated them and went out of their way to catch their performance...not just someone who stumbled on them in between rides.

This past September, the cast member who was inspecting bags on the way in, told me she loved the Madison Scouts and wished the Corps would come back for an Epcot parade like they did when DCI's were in Orlando.

I would have thought there would be more drum corps shirts at Disneyland. Seems like every year I was on tour we stopped and performed there. And I have heard of many corps alumni working at either DisneyLand or World.

I go to Disneyland often wearing my corps jacket - or at least someone I am with is wearing their corps jacket. We have been stopped several times by people who march or know people who have marched. A Disneyland security guard stopped us once to compliment our show that year. Most recently (Sunday, actually), someone from Blue Devils shouted at us as we exited the monorail. We didn't stop to talk, so Mr. monorail bd guy, if you're out there, pm me!

I must say though, when California Adventure had Blast! performing at the Hyperion Theater it was very common to see corps jackets/shirts/etc. The last day of the show was almost like finals night with drum corps people...okay, that may be an exaggeration, but I remember seeing a lot of corps related attire.