People Names

Too bad we are done having kids. This thread has spawned some great name ideas for me. My next would either be Slapstick or Vibra Slap.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The funny thing about Madison and Scout is that they are both typically female names. My daughter's middle name is Madison. I believe Scout was the girl's name in To Kill a Mockingbird.

I don't think there were any females named Madison anywhere until Darryl Hannah played Madison in "Splash" in the early 80's.

I actually went to school with a piano major named Paige Turner...

That's true, but we made fun of her cuz' she used to turn pages for vocal accompanists!!

:P

Which is why it's not a good name for a piano major!

Oh, and I went to a Friday night service at a Temple once, no joke, the rabbi's name was Richard Hertz. Think about that for a second (he probably does a few bris's, too). :P

My buddy and his wife named their daughter Canon, because she was concieved on Canon Beach.

Suggestions for boys: rimshot, bass5, forte, cello and barry (short for baritione)

Suggestions for girls: xylophone, bell, mbira, pianissimo and tambourine

Back in the '80's a prominant figure in DCUK (John Broom) had close ties with the Madison Scouts. I believe he named his son John Madison Broom. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Wasn't there a character called Drum in steel magnolias? I just checked IMDB and there was.