The nicest "Other" corps

I can think of specific examples of times that corps helped out when we needed it. Cavaliers and SCV after the Montreal Bus accident in '98. Southwind in the early '90s (bus issues I think, it was before I was marching Colts). Golden Lancers (I think that was their name, Div 3, mid-90s, Pennsylvania-based), lent us a contra for a show after one of ours fell completely apart when I was marching Knights.

In general, I've found nearly every corps to be supportive and friendly, especially when help is needed. It's just part of this whole drum corps family. I've always tried to return the sentiment whenever possible, applauding BAC from our finals block the first time they made finals for example.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We stayed at the same housing site as Crossmen in Toledo, OH, and they let us share the main field for rehearsal. This was nice because we(as in the field lining crew) didn't have to line and gak two fields. . . we showed our appreciation in the only way we knew how. . .

09_25_2007_troopers_crossmen.jpg

Edited by mellodcd

This past summer a Southwind tuba failed to make it's way onto the equipment truck after a show and The Cadets graciously rescued and returned the stray horn.

Guest Myusik4Jakassez
Racine Scouts were with us a lot on tour this year, and they were incredibly nice to us finals week, letting us borrow their field finals week to rehearse on and letting us stay with them in their housing site for two days after prelims because our field/housing site were HORRIBLE.

Yeah, they REALLY seemed to like us A LOT. The great thing about small corps like that is that they're always grateful and happy, even if they don't make it past prelims. They always appreciate everything they get! Sure any corps can act that way, but the Racine Scouts were for real.

I remember walking to the gate at Wildwood, Surfs (My) home show, raidiers were marching off, spartans were performing, but all the Div. III corps, citations, 7th regiment, spirit of newark, targets were lined up in the streets going crazy for us saying the nicest things, we got a standing ovation without even taking the feild that night, i kno it made me feel amazing and fueled us to perform one of our most energentic shows of the year, for some reason we got this type of reaction pretty much everyshow, marching to the gate was an amazing feeling, everybody was very supportive, most of the Div. II and III corps are class acts, its a possibility that i performed better because of those "other" corps, thank you

Some day the story may get told of all the things Star of Indiana did for other corps that went unnoticed by the general public because the corps didn't blow its own horn.

Some day the story may get told of all the things Star of Indiana did for other corps that went unnoticed by the general public because the corps didn't blow its own horn.

Yep, they did some amazing things for the Emerald Knights the year we lent them some contras (close emcounters of the third kind year 1986).

Brandon-

For some reason DCP isn't letting me quote people right now, but in response to your post, I guess maybe it's just because I'm with the pit and so I'm never actually marching anywhere with the corps (other than parades). This may have happened plenty of times but I remember being there once when a corps clapped for us.

Anyway, pretty much every pit we've ever passed by on the way on and off the field have wished us good luck and we've wished them good luck. It's just the nice thing to do I guess. I can't recall a pit that hasn't been like this. And we had a great time with Impulse's pit in 06 when we shared our finals housing site with them.

Oh, and of course, the Cadets donated their old food truck to us this year, how can I not mention that!

This past summer a Southwind tuba failed to make it's way onto the equipment truck after a show and The Cadets graciously rescued and returned the stray horn.

Wow I completely forgot about that!!!

I remember talking on the cell phone and noticed in the dark that there was tuba case lying around. Glad to see it got back safe!

We stayed at the same housing site as Crossmen in Toledo, OH, and they let us share the main field for rehearsal. This was nice because we(as in the field lining crew) didn't have to line and gak two fields. . . we showed our appreciation in the only way we knew how. . .

09_25_2007_troopers_crossmen.jpg

Yep. I remember that day. That was when I first fell in love with y'all's show (watching/hearing you guys in horn arc when were eating lunch). Good times.