The nicest "Other" corps

i met a bunch of nice cascades this year, we were around them pretty often this season.

these threads are pretty uncommon on dcp, way to go guys, good energy in here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cap Reg saved SW this summer. When our staff bus bit the big one, they sent the only remaining bus they had. When the cook truck broke its axle, they sent their fully stocked 18-wheeler for us to use the rest of the season. We jokingly called ourselves CapWind or SouthReg, but honestly, we would have been sent home had it not been to them. Thanks again guys.

Some day the story may get told of all the things Star of Indiana did for other corps that went unnoticed by the general public because the corps didn't blow its own horn.

Absolutely!! Bill Cook played "Santa Claus" many a time, and they never blew their horn about it.........I hope that the corps and people that he/they helped were truly grateful..........even sadder was the fact that the corps was "dissed" by many a fan and even other corps sometimes, just because the corps was fortunate enough to have some $$$$, or people didn't care for their show....they still slept on gym floors and busted their tails on the practice field as much as anyone else........and Cook didn't have to offer a penny to help DCI or any corps, but he did, and alot more than a penny....lol...he was a true drum corps "philanthropist"...............

GB

Guest Myusik4Jakassez

I should also mention that this summer, the Colts lent us two of their buses for the WHOLE TOUR! Thanks!!!!!

And the Academy shared the showers at their home show facility with us. Another thanks!!!!!

Edited by Myusik4Jakassez

Crossmen had fed our corps many a time when I was in both Blue Knights and Freelancers while the respective corps' food truck was in its current break down mode.

I remember standing next to Glassmen's guard for retreats a few times and they were really nice. In '93 we both had the "honor" of wearing just the worst uniforms ever, so we used to commisserate together over that.

Kiwanis Kavaliers also fed a ton of "lost" corps members in (I think) 94. They had a true chef on tour and many of us in the know took advantage of that.

And now that I'm in an All-Age Corps, I can definitely say pretty much EVERYONE is nice and we all help each other out. It's impressive.

Edited to add all-age corps info.

Edited by Cathie Wiener

The father of one of the corps' long-time members passed away suddenly while on tour as a food truck volunteer. This was the night before quarterfinals if I recall correctly. The son was ageing-out that summer and did march semi's and finals after sitting out quarters.

Adam Brewer (I think), played baritone. He was on staff for a few years afterwards too. Great guy. I think that the broadcast that year mentioned something about it. Someone with the '95 DVD might be able to check.

CROSSMEN and SPIRIT.

look at the finals retreats .

when Crossmen make finals and Spirit does not they put there horns in the shape of a DELTA

when SPIRIT make finals and CROSSMEN do not they put there horns in the shape of a CROSS.

very cool.

CHEZ

pictures anyone ?