Sad News

Fastone

I just received news that Raymond (Konga) Richardson Passed away this morning. He was someone who could light up a room and make everyone around him feel good. He is also my longest standing friendship in this activity going back to 1964 when we were both in Jr High School. That I am stunned right now does not come close to expressing how I feel.

A great Skyliner... A greater man.:::: prays:::::::

Edited by njthundrrd

Oh no. Thanks for the heads up Frankie. He was literally a giant among men and the activity has lost one of its finest.

Our heartfelt condolences go out to his family, friends and his Skyliner Family........you're in my prayers Konga.

J

I just received news that Raymond (Konga) Richardson Passed away this morning. He was someone who could light up a room and make everyone around him feel good. He is also my longest standing friendship in this activity going back to 1964 when we were both in Jr High School. That I am stunned right now does not come close to expressing how I feel.

That is so sad Frank. I really liked Konga. Your right, he could light up a room. He had such a beautiful smile. Believe me, us girls LOVED that smile!!!

I bumped into him last year at Finals and he gave me a hug and I told him that he had no idea how much that meant to me. I told him that it was a perfect end to a great weekend.

I'll miss seeing him at drum corps shows.

His family is in our prayers. I bet him and George are doing some catching up right about now.

Thank you Frank for letting us all know.

Absolutely terrible news. Ray's friendship welcomed me into the fraternity of DCA drum majors back in 1993. He always had a smile for me whenever we got the opportunity to catch up. Actually he had a smile and kind words for everyone he met. I will miss him dearly.

Rest in Peace.

Holy mother ####### ####! How did it happen? He was fine last time I saw him.... Oh ####... My dearest sympathy for his family. I guess now he is up with the rest of the greats along with his dear brother now. You will be missed Konga...

Edited by Skydrummer9

One of the best, one of the brightest, one that will be missed! Another star is added into the Sky.

I'll miss you my friend. We'll keep your family in our prayers.

Say hi to everyone! :doh: