Bus Pushing

GAWD I loved our scenicruisers! What a great bus that was! :worthy:

My age-out year I managed to snag the first seat at the top of the stairs......you know, the seat that had the wrap-around window, and the padding on the ledge that you could either prop your feet up on, or read your head against. :ph34r:

And of course, that seat had possession of the car stereo that had been wired to the bus battery. :worthy:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My age-out year I managed to snag the first seat at the top of the stairs......you know, the seat that had the wrap-around window, and the padding on the ledge that you could either prop your feet up on, or read your head against. :worthy:

And of course, that seat had possession of the car stereo that had been wired to the bus battery. :ph34r:

Yes, the Scenicruisers were awesome! We got a piece of plywood that we would put up on that ledge. It was the premiere place to sleep on those long overnight drives. I just threw my sleeping bag and pillow up there to reserve the spot. If I didn't get that spot, I was in the aisle. I could not sleep in the seats, I needed to be horizontal. I remember Jerry Seawright often saying, when we would arrive at a school in the morning, "Okay, you get # hours of horizontal sleep and then you gotta get up eat and practice!" Ahh, the memories...

OK, Drum Corps Bus Folks

Here's your chance to have your own.

Only driven weekends by a little old lady from Concord...

Ah yes, the Hound. I think its identity is confirmed by the "#2" by the drivers' window.

Speaking of things going out the window, I remember a ziploc baggy of purple vomit (after some blueberry pie at a truckstop in the Rocky Mountains) being passed to the back of the Hound for disposal via defenstration. That was probably in '78. Good luck using the wipers to remove that from your windshield!

Ah yes, the Hound. I think its identity is confirmed by the "#2" by the drivers' window.

Speaking of things going out the window, I remember a ziploc baggy of purple vomit (after some blueberry pie at a truckstop in the Rocky Mountains) being passed to the back of the Hound for disposal via defenstration. That was probably in '78. Good luck using the wipers to remove that from your windshield!

I killed this thread - sorry.

anyone recall a story about PR bus/es getting stuck in a muddy field in Dubuque. It was the year that the Colts home show was moved away from Dubuque Senior High as the stadium was under renovation.