Cadets 2008

I'm sure you know tons of other people who've given up their careers or directed education to teach drum corps. Some do become obsessed and it would seem that Drum Corps is significant, maybe not to your world, but certainly to some.

He ain't volunteering his time, either. What career has he given up?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, and they wore shorts in 1958 when Holy Name showed them the curb and kept the uniforms.

I also know who John Cage is, thanks.

"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones."

implies that his excessive narration, and whatever bell-and-whistle he decides to pull out next year are the new ideas that the majority of us fear, that we don't somehow understand his genius. His product, design, and performance is so light-years beyond the runner-up that we "people are frightened" "I'm frightened of the old ones" implies that he is doing himself, his athletes of God, and the paying public a disservice if he doesn't push his corps to the absolute bounds of what is normal and accepted.

Why else would he cite that quote? What does he mean if I am so off?

quoted for truth.

I guess we're just not educated enough to understand what we want.

quoted for truth.

I guess we're just not educated enough to understand what we want.

I didn't say that. I read his entry coupled with the Cage quote and came up with a conclusion as to the meaning. Feel free to disagree....Wait, you've already done that.

Edited by siuehist

That Nitro piece has a lot of chances to have Mello Runs in it, I mean its the cadets it wouldn't be a Show without there mello runs, But other than that i still don't know, I gotta hear it before i say my judgement.

AS for An American Elegy That will be very Gourgous on the field and i can't wait to hear it.

Hopefully they will come to a local show again this like they did last year

Yes, and they wore shorts in 1958 when Holy Name showed them the curb and kept the uniforms.

I also know who John Cage is, thanks.

"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones."

implies that his excessive narration, and whatever bell-and-whistle he decides to pull out next year are the new ideas that the majority of us fear, that we don't somehow understand his genius. His product, design, and performance is so light-years beyond the runner-up that we "people are frightened" "I'm frightened of the old ones" implies that he is doing himself, his athletes of God, and the paying public a disservice if he doesn't push his corps to the absolute bounds of what is normal and accepted.

Why else would he cite that quote? What does he mean if I am so off?

We all don't know exactly what he means. Why don't you try asking him instead of assuming and making an ### of yourself? How about that?

He ain't volunteering his time, either. What career has he given up?

Like or dislike what Hopkins brings to the table, if you kow anything of the devotion, long hours, etc. he brings to The Cadets and YEA!, then you know that he could be making many tens of thousands of dollars more in the private sector in one of many different positions.

I didn't say that. I read his entry coupled with the Cage quote and came up with a conclusion as to the meaning. Feel free to disagree....Wait, you've already done that.

You're so wrapped up in your hating that you don't even notice when someone is agreeing with you. :tounge2: