Free day mischief

Ask any modern-day Cavalier about what goes on across the river in Kentucky whenever they swing through Cincinnati. Huh... somebody could probably fill a book with those stories.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At a show in Canada with the Guardsmen in 1979, a girl from the HS band where we were staying made friends with one of the guard girls. She invited her, and told her to invite about 8 or 9 more of us, of which I was one lucky enough to be one, over to her house for late lunch/dinner and hanging out. Her dad came and picked us all up.

Man, we had a great time at this girls house. She spoke mostly French, but enough english to communicate with us, and some of her friends from the band cooked for us as well. We played frisbee, and we literally folked out around a fire later that night drinking Canadian beer and enjoying ourselves listening to these French Canadian kids sing folk songs and play guitar.

Had a free night in San Antonio in 1982. 4th of July, too. Man, that was awesome. The river walk was way cool, and the place was alive with action that night. FUN!!

Was Dante's Interno still open?....hmmm...an old joint from my Air Force Days....lol

Found a bar... or 7.

Because everone so far has responded the same thing or something along the lines of: "I got so wasted/stoned/buzzed-best time of my life". I believe everyone has at LEAST one drunk story. So why talk about only that? Don't you talk about it enough while in college? So why not share something more interesting besides being in an inebriated state? In my opinion, its rather pathetic that on your free time/day, thats all the majority of you were able to do: get wasted or drugged. Big whoop. Shows people's lack of creativity and it's quite sad. You are in an organization that claims creative arts yet the performers are anything but creative on their free days. Couldn't people find anything else to do but get drunk or stoned? Is booze really the only way to have fun? I'm just saying...

:thumbup: Ok, Im done...

Haha, have you ever been on tour? Drinking is the single best thing to do the few days you are away from rehearsal. So don't get mad if that's all people have to share. I'm surprised more people aren't offended that you call our idea of having fun pathetic.

These are drum corps freedays, not marching band field trips.

Edited by bluublood

Oh yeah, almost forgot-our yearly standstill that earned us a freeday at Disneyland. Little pieces of paper and Mr. Toads Wild Ride and the light parade. All the beautiful colors.........

Uh oh :thumbup:

Haha, have you ever been on tour? Drinking is the single best thing to do the few days you are away from rehearsal. So don't get mad if that's all people have to share. I'm surprised more people aren't offended that you call our idea of having fun pathetic.

These are drum corps freedays, not marching band field trips.

Yes, my idea of fun is getting dehydrated on my free day. Awesome. :thumbup:

And for your information, I DID march corps. I don't know why that makes a difference.

Edited by sopchick_01

Yes, my idea of fun is getting dehydrated on my free day. Awesome. :thumbup:

Have you ever considered that everyone is different and has a different personality and maybe their idea of fun is different from yours? Just because you like doing certain things for fun doesn't mean everyone else has to.

OMG, again with this statement. And to answer this question, again:

1. YES, I know everyone is different.

2. I was just trying to see if people had more things to contribute.

Sorry for being such a straight edge. OR for trying to find something more interesting to talk about.