So why didn't Crown win?

Crown didn't win because five other corps all showed up Saturday night.

And after I saw SCV's performance on Saturday, 6th was going to be the best they could hope for.

Agreed.

Not to sound rude or anything, but it seems to me that Crown members always think that DCI is out to screw them over. And year after year they think they should have won or placed 3-4 spots higher. The few Crown members I know never have anything pleasant to say about another corps. Maybe it's just the few members I do know that give me the wrong impression.

Why didn't Phantom win in 1989?

Why didn't Madison win in 1995?

Why didn't Cadets win in 1997?

Why didn't Cavies win in 2003?

Why didn't Star win in 1993?

Because, in the judge's estimation, they weren't the best corps on the field that night. You'd have a hard time convincing me that there was some conspiracy theory or other force that made the results what they were.

FWIW, I think all those corps have a more legitimate claim at being shafted than 2007 Crown did. Crown was never less than a point behind Cadets or Cavaliers, less than two points behind BD.

Edited by TSRTS13

it wasn't exactly sarcasm...i'm very partial to think that the top 3 theory has an enormous amount of truth...i didn't mean to come off sarcastic...but more of joking...

and yes i couldn't think of the thread that was in, and didn't want to search at the time, thanks though.

Sorry, my bad. Hard to tell in text-based mediums. Since I see the world as "glass half empty," well, you can figure out the rest.

Why didn't Phantom win in 1989?

Why didn't Madison win in 1995?

Why didn't Cadets win in 1997?

Why didn't Cavies win in 2003?

Why didn't Star win in 1993?

Because, in the judge's estimation, they weren't the best corps on the field that night. You'd have a hard time convincing me that there was some conspiracy theory or other force that made the results what they were.

FWIW, I think all those corps have a more legitimate claim at being shafted than 2007 Crown did. Crown was never less than a point behind Cadets or Cavaliers, less than two points behind BD.

I don't think he's saying they got the shaft... I think the OP's point is that they had the very popular show, but he can't tell why one team was *that* much better. It's the same ol' GE tune... audience amore doesn't count, and the fans who are new or haven't been in corps (oh ya; holy grail demographic) can't see much difference in excellence, but can make a big distinction between what's enjoyable.

• Like 1

I recently received my dvd's in the mail and have one lingering question. Why didn't Crown win. I know most will say because BD, Cavies, Cadets, etc etc were all better but what was wrong with Crown's show? Did they not perform as well as all the others? To my untrained eye it all seemed pretty clean. I saw alot of moving and playing which some are accused of not doing. Was the show too accessible? Was the brass, percussion parts too easy? Was it dirty? Maybe some of you folks in the know could help me out. I saw something that was extremely entertaining and performed at an extremely high level. What gives?

Man, I can't believe you guys are all up on Crown members saying they got the shaft, etc. Reread the OP. It's nothing of the kind, and shame on you guys who made the conclusion that this was sour grapes from some Crown member. That's ########, and you should check yourself.

Agreed.

Not to sound rude or anything, but it seems to me that Crown members always think that DCI is out to screw them over. And year after year they think they should have won or placed 3-4 spots higher. The few Crown members I know never have anything pleasant to say about another corps. Maybe it's just the few members I do know that give me the wrong impression.

Not to sound rude or anything, but you do...

you don't spend much time on DCP do you? =P

this was answered in another thread...it's because crown hasn't been in top 3 yet....haha

i forgot who it was but someone here made the rational that you have to get top 3 before you can win, lol.

Actually no I've been on DCP for years just decided to make a new name bc I hated my old one. But yeah I recall reading that topic about Competitive Intertia I believe.

b/c they weren`t clean enough......... good show but individual performance issues visually especially... and there`s no telling what they heard on the field... anyone can look at their favorite corps and be like.. why didn`t THEY win.. I can only wonder how so many people fail to see the lack of logic in that... I`m guessing the op marched crown honestly.

Actually no, if you looked at my profile you'd see that i've only marched 2 years of drum corps, both spent in open class. The Cavaliers happen to be my favorite corps.

Carolina Crown did win in my opinion, and I'm sure in the opinions of many others. They won fan's hearts all over the nation. They drastically improved in areas where they needed to. So, no they didn't win the World Championships but they won the "World".

Dude great post, after all are the corps out there performing for the judges or the fans?