So why didn't Crown win?

so after reading all 8 pages of thsi thread i have seen teh acronymn "imo" or some variation of it, for thsoe that dont know this typically refers to "in my opinion". what this all coems dont to is opinions, as somebody already mentioned the op simply stated his opinion and wonder why things werent how he thought the results should have been ~ in his opinion~. we have have our own opinions on what corps is best, we all have our own opinions on who was better than who, adn there is absolutely nothign wrong with that. the problem i ahve seen throughout this thread is narrow minded people think that their opinion is the only one, this simply is not true. everyone is entitled to THEIR OWN opinion. now, with that said, the judges opinions were the only opinions that mattered on finals night in pasadena. it was their opinions that decided where the placements were, again you amy agree or disagree but remember your opinion is... well, your opinion

happy posting! :laughing::devil::spitting:

What's wrong with a healthy debate about some of the judges decisions? Do I always have to believe and ACCEPT the recap, (kinda like the government) or do I trust my own two eyes and ears? Not that I'm always correct, but we're not all a bunch of biased morons, and DCP should be the place to allow for healthy debate and open dialog of opposing views, even it means we.....(gasp).....yes.... question the "judges". IMO, it was a two horse race. BD and Cadets were on another level. 3-7 were all great corps, but none had the total package or sheer intensity of the top two.

Did you just compare DCI judges to the American government and lightly touch on conspiracy theory?

"In the next issue of Drum Corps Conspirator and ex-DCI adjudicator comes forward with facts about every tie in DCI history."

I'll say what I always say in these situations. DCI judge: highly qualified in their field with years of experience, placed in locations to best judge their given caption. Armchair judge: Marched in high school and maybe a couple of years of corps. Years of experience watching DVDs. Lots of opinions with little educational backing to them. Subscribes to Drum Corps Conspirator

• Like 1

OK..I am the ultimate Crown Homer..as we all well know..

Let me say that NO ONE at Crown thinks that the corps should have won. Suffice it to say that everyone there is well aware of the current level of the corps as well as the current reality in DCI when it comes to the competitive situation.

A few tenths, or hundreths and Crown would have been 5th or even 4th..Competition this year was incredible. When your hornline, known almost universially as excellent, gets their highest ever score (a 19.2) and finishes 7th, that says something.

I think many Crown members share the frustration that the up-and-coming corps often share. I have heard it said for an upstart corps like Crown to beat a established powerhouse like the Cadets (for instance), the "points ratio" is 10 to 1. In other words, you must perform 10 points better to beat them by 1 point. This is of course debatable, put IMHO, their is a ring of truth to it. The corps in the top 5 have paid their dues and have shown they know how to be excellent and how to play the game. Crown is well on the way, I think, to proving this, but they are not there yet.

I think a thread named "why didnt crown win" is a true testament to just how far the organization has come in the last 5 years, thats good enough for me!

I think many Crown members share the frustration that the up-and-coming corps often share. I have heard it said for an upstart corps like Crown to beat a established powerhouse like the Cadets (for instance), the "points ratio" is 10 to 1. In other words, you must perform 10 points better to beat them by 1 point. This is of course debatable, put IMHO, their is a ring of truth to it. The corps in the top 5 have paid their dues and have shown they know how to be excellent and how to play the game. Crown is well on the way, I think, to proving this, but they are not there yet.

There is a ring of truth, but the facts remain that other corps did more difficult things better than Crown and it's going to take refinement of the design process to make the leap.

(And are there really Crown members frustrated? I think that some people in Academy or Spirit or Cascades or others will have something to say about that. :) )

(And are there really Crown members frustrated? I think that some people in Academy or Spirit or Cascades or others will have something to say about that. :) )

No. In general very pleased with the season. IMHO they see that glass ceiling and have found that getting over it is VERY challenging.

Crown easily had my 2nd favorite show this year. A very close 2nd at that.

I think after their 07 show, they will be attracting a lot of talent on the east coast that may normally have gone to PR, Cavies, Cadets or Bluecoats. I think they are a corps to keep an eye on. Would love to see them in the Top 3 by the end of the decade.

As to why they didn't win, you can check the recaps from finals and ask the judges. Personally, I feel that they had the crowd. I saw them three times over the summer and they were easily the most crowd pleasing corps at each event. Even at Hershey with the Cadets and Blue Devils there.

Ummm...unless things have changed dramatically, PR doesn't get many members from the Right Coast.

so after reading all 8 pages of thsi thread i have seen teh acronymn "imo" or some variation of it, for thsoe that dont know this typically refers to "in my opinion". what this all coems dont to is opinions, as somebody already mentioned the op simply stated his opinion and wonder why things werent how he thought the results should have been ~ in his opinion~. we have have our own opinions on what corps is best, we all have our own opinions on who was better than who, adn there is absolutely nothign wrong with that. the problem i ahve seen throughout this thread is narrow minded people think that their opinion is the only one, this simply is not true. everyone is entitled to THEIR OWN opinion. now, with that said, the judges opinions were the only opinions that mattered on finals night in pasadena. it was their opinions that decided where the placements were, again you amy agree or disagree but remember your opinion is... well, your opinion

happy posting! :laughing::devil::spitting:

I'm sorry, we've recalled your opinon...too much lead paint.