255 members have voted

1. 1. Water usage

• No; maintain water as illegal
    • Yes; allow water usage according to the proposal

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"If at any time water, or any material comes in contact with the field, causing damage, pooling of water, or if

the material would in any way alter the condition of the field, a corps would be penalized not less than .5 and

not more than 2.0 points at the discretion of the DCI coordinator or representative of the evening,..."

Okay, so if this passed and a corps damaged the field somehow with their over use of water, or if a part of the field become somewhat damp enough for the next corps on the field to lose their footing, or even if it was just the fact that the next corps' uniforms became soiled more heavily because of the use of water by the corps before them, causing them to have to clean them the next day...

is a .5 - 2.0 penalty enough? Sounds like merely a slap on the wrist to me...

And I would believe that all of the scenarios described would be highly possible.

Of course it could drizzle or rain to create the same conditions, but at least in that case it is a natural phenomenon, and in most cases the contest becomes either an exhibition only, a standstill, or competely canceled.

This type of penalty would have absolutely no effect on managing appropriate use of water (which by the way is just another step towards turning DC into a dog and pony show). There is only one show during the entire summer where any corps is really all that concerned about being penalized, and that is finals night. All of the rest of the summer they're just chalked up to , oh well, we'll fix it next time, and anyway we know what our score WOULD have been. GH seriously needs to get out of the activity and start directing a cheesy cabaret show show somewhere.

I can think of a good use of water for George H. Try using it with some shaving cream and a razor. The Miami Vice look went out a long time ago!

AHAHAHA....That thought crossed my mind when watching ESPN2 this year.... :rolleyes:

Hell if I had one of those during a hot rehearsal day to constantly repeat a visual move through, then I think the proposal should pass.

I can see it now ... mid-July rehersal day .....

"NO, NO, NO !!! Why do you guys keep messing that set up ????!!! It's almost like you're messing it up on purpose !!!!!! One more time from the Slip-n-Slide set ... Guard, reload your Super Soakers, AGAIN !!!!! ... grumble, grumble, grumble"

(snickering heard as marchers run back to their spots for another go .....)