1. 1. Water usage

• No; maintain water as illegal
    • Yes; allow water usage according to the proposal

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the Cabs do something with toms and water in 03 i think. it was cool, i like the effect.

I think the Cabs did it on five bass drums that were mounted horizontally on stands in the pit? It was during a percussion feature. Just before before being played on, water was poured on the drum heads. The resulting splash was a big effect. Always got a roar from the audience. I loved it!

I heard that this happened accidentially the first time when it was raining during a performance? It was such a hit that they intentionally put it into the following performances? Is this correct? Can any Cabs verify here? Thanks.

It was at the Waterbury show. It rained all day (surprised?) and the show was made an exhibition only show.

And yes, it pretty much happened like that. Way cool :)

Long time no see kiddies! Yes, that goes for the old folks as well...

If someone beat me to this, just ignore it. I probably won't see your flame anyway...

Here's how this works... there are two corps in finals who have scored well above the rest. The corps going on second to last floods the field during their closer. They lose two points, but are still above the third place corps. The final corps slips and falls constantly, likely finding themselves in twelfth place. Sure, it's a dirty trick, but when nobody understands your artistic vision and nobody likes your narration, what's a second place corps to do?

Sarcastic? Sure. Likely? You betcha. It would be instantly accepted by the masses, just like amps and duts are now. Expect ANYTHING to happen that the rules allow or fail to prohibit.

[self-edit]inappropriate comment involving other liquids ommitted[end self-edit] :thumbup:

OK, I'm gone again. See ya in a few months!

Edited by stifled4mallettechnique