Rule Proposal 2008-10

Rules 2008  

424 members have voted

1. 1. Amplification may not be used (2009)

• No; amplification remains as is
    • Yes; amplification is eliminated for 2009

Show attendance overall is indeed the only thing that counts, IMO. MHO is that there will be no mass exodus from DCI shows, but I guess we will see.

But not even show attendance counts, because if it reverses trend (as it has in the past few years), you'll deny the causal link (as you have).

Show attendance only counts when it supports your claims.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I ask you to quantify, you duck. Again - I wouldn't hire you as a marketing guy. I also agreed with the others who said the other day that they waste any more of their time arguing with you. I really should stick to my guns on some of these things.....

Wow. . .is this attack pertinent to the topic at hand?

btw. . .neither one of you can quantify your points (which is what Mike is saying). So, maybe you should drop it.

Show attendance only counts when it supports your claims.

Expand that to "any data only counts..." and you will have cracked it.

Show attendance overall is indeed the only thing that counts, IMO. MHO is that there will be no mass exodus from DCI shows, but I guess we will see.

DCI has marketed itself for the BOA crowd and IMO the people in the stands at DCI shows will eventually reflect that. IOW, vast majority of people in the stands will be there because they know or are related to someone in the corps. There will not be the long term (legacy) fans like there were in the past. There will be butts in the seats but in a few years almost all of them will be gone to be replaced by a new set of butts. And the way DCI makes changes, guessing they eventually will pass something that P.O.s lot of the people that stuck around.

That's the way BOA appears to be in my area from what I've been hearing.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

You could say this about any poll. The purpose is to gain some insight into public opinion, not make concrete statements either way. We've already seen how polls and actual results can vary in the political races this year.

That said, you can't categorically dismiss the poll results on DCP, just as you can't categorically accept them. It's just a poll. No more, no less. It's just dumb luck that most polls go against you, Mike. :tongue:

Wouldn't it be nice if we could get actual opinions from every corps fan? Wouldn't it be nice if everyone reading DCP would send me $100?

:thumbup:

Garry in Vegas

To be fair, in order to say that small number represents the larger whole, you need to do random sampling. Even then, the larger the number, the more accurate the results. The issue here is does DCP accurately reflect the paying audience. Unfortunatly, I can't honestly say that it does. To say so is to make a "leap of faith" of sorts. I tend to believe that it does show some tendencies, but that's opinion through the bias of the glasses I wear.