Blue Stars will be making BANK on Merch this year

cd89

I really doubt it. Sure, there will be some people who do it...but the number of anti-amp persons compared to the demographic of DCI souvies customers is pretty small.

Really? I'd think those who marched before the amp rule passed would be a larger amount of the ticket/souvie buying public. There's more liquid assets available to those people, too.

The number of those that follow DCI rules proposals closely even smaller

If these rule changes are made, the word will spread through drum corps faster than wildfire.

...and the number who will put their money where their mouth is even smaller.

See response #1.

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about you like a corps for what they put on the field and how the members themselves represent the corps.

I like the Cadets too, I just don't like the changes that Mr. Hopkins is trying to implement.

I can say that, right?

After reading through this thread a lot of people still seem to be under the misconception that the Blue Stars submitted these proposals. Shortly after these proposals became public, Blue Stars executive director posted this information on the Blue Stars forum:

Hi All,

I wanted to post a few thoughts and comments about the rules proposals that came out today on dci.org. I want to make sure that there are no misunderstandings about the process for submitting proposals and how these particular proposals affect the Blue Stars.

All rules proposals must be submitted by a corps director or at-large DCI board member. I was approached by Tim Kviz many months ago about submitting several rules proposals for consideration. Originally, there were five proposals, but eventually it was trimmed to three.

My requirements for submitting were that they had to be well written, they couldn't degrade any corps or corps' representative, and they had to be based in facts ("a majority of fans dislike amplification" is not something that is provable). I think Tim did an excellent job in laying forth clear, constructive arguments for the proposals. Tim will also be the person at the instructors' caucus to answer any questions about the proposals. The Blue Stars and its instructors will vote on these proposals independent of Tim.

Additionally, I want to make it clear that the Blue Stars are not making a stand as "anti-amplification" or "pro-amplification." Our design team will program the best show possible and has at its disposal any and all tools that are legal.

So why submit the proposals? Because one of the key points in change management is to assess whether or not the change produced the desired results. This is often a step that is overlooked in our activity and beyond. Tim's proposals are a way of asking the question. Everyone involved understands the very slim chance of these proposals even making it out of the instructors' caucus, but any discussion that occurs is healthy for the activity.

Thanks,

Brad

Brad Furlano

Executive Director

Blue Stars Drum & Bugle Corps

So why submit the proposals? Because one of the key points in change management is to assess whether or not the change produced the desired results. This is often a step that is overlooked in our activity and beyond. Tim's proposals are a way of asking the question. Everyone involved understands the very slim chance of these proposals even making it out of the instructors' caucus, but any discussion that occurs is healthy for the activity.

Still at least they've got the balls to do it! :worthy: And to open up the channels for discussion.

Thank you Mr. Brad.

Still at least they've got the balls to do it! :worthy: And to open up the channels for discussion.

Thank you Mr. Brad.

To sponsor it, yes. But do any of you honestly think the Blue Stars will be unplugged?

. . .and honestly, like it or not, it takes much bigger manhood to propose things the general public (or vocal fans at least) hate. I bet George has gotten much more hate mail than anyone else due to his proposals.

To sponsor it, yes. But do any of you honestly think the Blue Stars will be unplugged?

. . .and honestly, like it or not, it takes much bigger manhood to propose things the general public (or vocal fans at least) hate. I bet George has gotten much more hate mail than anyone else due to his proposals.

I don't know if they will go "unplugged". They did it for a while. I'm sure it will depend on their "designers" just like he stated in that open letter.

I know you worship Mr. Hopkins and I do have a different kind of respect for him, but I was just making a comment about how I felt regarding this situation.

It probably won't pass but it's nice to see them talking about it.

Edited by Lancerlady

George does what he wants with very little consideration to the DC community at large. At least that is my impression. It takes very little courage to fly in the face of opposition if you could care less what the opposition thinks.

George does what he wants with very little consideration to the DC community at large. At least that is my impression. It takes very little courage to fly in the face of opposition if you could care less what the opposition thinks.

Well put! His ego and arrogance are evident just with the oblivious lack of effort he put into writing his proposals. He does not care that a man's intellect can be judged by the manner in which he expresses himself.

Q: Why did he not take 10 minutes to proofread?

A: Does not care.

Well put! His ego and arrogance are evident just with the oblivious lack of effort he put into writing his proposals. He does not care that a man's intellect can be judged by the manner in which he expresses himself.

Q: Why did he not take 10 minutes to proofread?

A: Does not care.

Hey, he had 6 proposals to write! There's no time for proofreading when you have that much to do! :rolleyes: