Retreat

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, a marcher that liked full retreat? :cool:

I like it as a spectator, but as a member I hate it. Only thing that was great about it was when everyone was busy hurrying up and waiting, I got to talk to people from other corps lined up next to us. Didn't really do that after the show.

I didn't realize all full retreats were gone, I did notice something was odd at East when no one was lined up, but when I was at Hershey and a few years ago at Giants Stadium there was none, and I just chalked that up to YEA never having a full retreat.

While we are at it, we should also request for "America/Oh Canada" to come back. That would be cool. :inlove:

What about God Bless America? Good chart.

In an age with more and more sound ordinances and neighborhood activism, I don't think you'll ever see a blanket return... :(

Mike

Well what if you brought back retreat as it was from 1995-2004(?)? Get all the corps out there, announce scores, play a tune, have a quick encore, go home. You don't add that much more time to what already goes on. It might take a few more minutes to get all the corps lined up and march on, but that's it. Make sure the corps that performs last gets a quick cup of water and get them lined right up again.

I think they should bring back full retreat. Yeah it added on an extra 40 minutes to an hour of the show but for meit was well worth it eather way i was going to sleep on the bus and I loved full retreat back in '03. i wish they would bring it back for '08 my age out year.

:cool: I miss seeing all the corps on the field after the show too.

As a member, im sure i'd get tired of it eventually, but after this past season, I found myself wishing it was still here, I think it'd be cool to bring it back.

If you are not going to salute the winner while exiting and playing it's a pretty pointless affair to line all those folks up. I'd be all for it if it went back to corps songs and a real full retreat. Otherwise O'Americanada was getting old.