Phantom Regiments' 2008 Tour Schedule

I have basically "lived" on the PR Home Page, DCI & DCP ever since Regiment announced their show title. Now they have posted the complete tour schedule on-line, but no one knows what they are, or will be playing.

Gee.......... just my thoughts, but perhaps they just want to keep us dark until June ?? Hmmmmm...........

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have basically "lived" on the PR Home Page, DCI & DCP ever since Regiment announced their show title. Now they have posted the complete tour schedule on-line, but no one knows what they are, or will be playing.

Gee.......... just my thoughts, but perhaps they just want to keep us dark until June ?? Hmmmmm...........

Glassmen, Phantom Regiment, and Carolina Crown tend to take the "down low" approach to the off season. They don't like too much public information out there about their show. The Cadets and Blue Devils tend to be on the other side, sometimes with multiple camp recordings on the Internet. The Cavaliers use to be quiet until they released their 2007 show audio clips last May/June. Each approach is up to the corps, and neither one is more effective, IMO. Corps have won being quiet (2004 Cavaliers) and corps have won releasing a lot of audio (2005 Cadets).

Bottom line....don't expect much 2008 show info/audio out of Phantom Regiment.....but if they do it won't hurt. :cool:

Well, I've been supporting PR since 1993, volunteering etc as wel as being a Phan since 1978.. and I know they like to keep a veil on things, but .... rehashing the "Be prepared from the start of the announcement of the theme/title...." (NOT SAYING they do NOT prepare properly, but they ALWAYS seem to be looking for that 'edge' all season long (a few years in exception) and as Dr Dan says, "We always seem to wait until the last few weeks..."

I would hope, that all the music choices, costiming/silks & drill are known to a great degree by now... Gosh, Hope so.... That is all I'm saying. I wish alot of things...... seeing PR come out smoking on all cyllinders early is a personal dream.......

I would think with the winter season in full swing, they would know pretty well what they are going to do, there is absolutely no reason to worked up about things.

Don't see a lot of people talking other corps who haven't announced yet. I know Crossmen haven't, has Cavaliers? I know with the Cavaliers thats basically the norm.

Oh God! I can't live without up to the minute updates about what my favorite corps is doing!

I would think with the winter season in full swing, they would know pretty well what they are going to do, there is absolutely no reason to worked up about things.

Don't see a lot of people talking other corps who haven't announced yet. I know Crossmen haven't, has Cavaliers? I know with the Cavaliers thats basically the norm.

The Cavaliers did announce.....something Asian.....not sure on music. :cool:

The Cavaliers did announce.....something Asian.....not sure on music. :cool:

Not worked up --- just over eagerly awaiting the piece selection and/or composers! C'mon! We're talking about "Spartacus" -- the show in 1981-82 that was so ahead of it's time it was a trend setter! How can anyone -- even a non-PR fan NOT BE exited to hear it (that music - in any recapitulation and/or rewrite) in today's medium of percussion, brass instrumentation as well as ensemble effects ?

I can't wait ! Sorry for my 'hyper - enthusiasm' !

It is too bad that they are opening the season with the Show of Shows...and only play in Illinois twice all summer.