Citations

Due to the threat of weather, the Citations scheduled brass sectional for tomorrow has been postponed to December 30th. Site and times are TBD, check out www.citations.org soon for updates.

Go Citations....... :rolleyes: I'm an original member from 1967.....Marched in the first parade and show.

Practiced at the old Memorial School with Bob O'Neil - Founder of the Citations.

Now, I'm in Sun Devils DCA all-age corps in Florida still playing.....Sun Devils DCA All-Age Drum & Bugle Corps

Have a good summer....

Go Citations....... :rolleyes: I'm an original member from 1967.....Marched in the first parade and show.

Practiced at the old Memorial School with Bob O'Neil - Founder of the Citations ....

There was a young man asking how Citations got their name awhile back on these forums. I do not recall seeing an answer.

Maybe you could shed some light on this subject for all of us?

Looking forward to seeing Citations show on a field near me next summer, :devil:

There was a young man asking how Citations got their name awhile back on these forums. I do not recall seeing an answer.

Looking forward to seeing Citations show on a field near me next summer, :rolleyes:

I remember we voted on the name. We had a couple of names ( my vote was for Royal Guardsmen )

I think the consensus was that a Citation was an award.....

Bob O'Neil, who founded the corps with his wife Ruth had previously run a corps in Bedford, Ma. called the "Bedford Miltiamen" . Bob and his brother Harry were in the Princemen , a famous senior corps from Malden.

Old photo from the Burlington Times - used green uni's with black pants and berets.

Our first competition songs I remember were "El Cid" coming off the line and "Softly" leaving the field.

66_Citations_d_.jpg

This is my alter ego Pokey........

Edited by Pokey

Guest Myusik4Jakassez

Looking forward to seeing Citations show on a field near me next summer, :rolleyes:

Yeah, that was me. I've been too busy to pay much attention to this thread, but I'm still curious.

I remember we voted on the name. We had a couple of names ( my vote was for Royal Guardsmen )

I think the consensus was that a Citation was an award.....

Bob O'Neil, who founded the corps with his wife Ruth had previously run a corps in Bedford, Ma. called the "Bedford Miltiamen" . Bob and his brother Harry were in the Princemen , a famous senior corps from Malden ...

Thanks for the info! :thumbup:

Nice old photo. I remember the green and black uni's.

I remember the Bedford Militiamen, too. They wore purple and black, if I recall correctly.

There's a lot of these old pictures and such in the Historical Forum section of DCP for those of you who are interested.

I wonder who the instructional staff is then? They don't have them listed. Maybe they are still finalizing who it is?

Indeed we are. The vast majority of the educational staff from last year are returning, and we are putting the final new pieces into place now. Look for an announcment in the next week or so. And we could not be more pleased with the quality and excitement coming from the design team, they are a truly gifed group of educators and musicians!

Good luck Citations. I've heard a few rumors as to who might be joining the staff, and if true, I'm sure it will only mean great things. and Yes, I agree, the design team is indeed incredible.