Virginia Auditions?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks yall so much but you see i have no problem flying or taking a bus but how much would that cost cuz the way my parents act is like they arent paying for anything UNLESS i make it so all the gas/audition/food money would be dealt with me until i hopefully make it how much do they usually cost lol and i have no problem showering with other people lol its just the fact saying hey can i take a 7 hour drive with you? lol idk about you but i would be kinda wierded out i mean id like to talk to them on the phone at least get what im saying?

so you email the corps director and you'll be put in contact with carpools either in your area or passing through..........

i remember when a corps was trying to start up in Newport News way back in the early 80's but never got off the ground....... sucks that a junior corps never got off the ground in VA even though the marching band scene was ultra competitive at least back in my day.................

signed,

a former Beach resident.................

thanks yall so much but you see i have no problem flying or taking a bus but how much would that cost cuz the way my parents act is like they arent paying for anything UNLESS i make it so all the gas/audition/food money would be dealt with me until i hopefully make it how much do they usually cost lol and i have no problem showering with other people lol its just the fact saying hey can i take a 7 hour drive with you? lol idk about you but i would be kinda wierded out i mean id like to talk to them on the phone at least get what im saying?

First of all, I would like to introduce you to a friend of mine. His name is period. Here he is now: .

He is often used to end declarative sentences. You seem to have him confused with "lol" which is in fact not a form of punctuation at all.

You should try to keep your sentences to one or two unique thoughts because it honestly took me several minutes to decipher what you just said, and I still get lost trying to read through it.

Finally, for the matter at hand, if you aren't a big fan of contacting random people you don't know then I would suggest driving yourself to the first camp and actively trying to meet other people from your area at the camp so that you would feel more comfortable riding with them. I guarantee that most people will be glad to have someone ride with them and split some of the travel costs.

That's how a lot of people get to camp! You're going to be spending the weekend with a bunch of strangers anyway. I can assure you that most people wouldn't mind having someone ride with them, especially if you chip in for gas. If you don't want to individually message people, post something and let people contact you. If you want to get there, you'll get yourself there. Heck, there's even the bus, but that's gonna take a lot longer than just riding with someone.

we have a whole thread about that pinned at the top of this forum even.

You really are lucky in the sense that you have a lot more options in terms of where you can march since you're relatively close to a lot of places. A lot of people do have to fly to get to and from camps, and a 4 hour drive isn't that bad.

And take this with a grain of salt, but how are you going to manage showering in front of a bunch of people you've never met if you're feeling awkward about asking someone to carpool to camp with you. :thumbup:

4 hours is AWESOME! I drove nine each way.

Your friendly neighborhood moderator Tristan few to all of his camps.... for 3 years.

Lots of people do both.

I think carpooling is probably your best bet though.

call or email the corps in question. ask if there's ppl going by your way.

weirdness over.

First of all, I would like to introduce you to a friend of mine. His name is period. Here he is now: .

He is often used to end declarative sentences. You seem to have him confused with "lol" which is in fact not a form of punctuation at all.

You should try to keep your sentences to one or two unique thoughts because it honestly took me several minutes to decipher what you just said, and I still get lost trying to read through it.

Finally, for the matter at hand, if you aren't a big fan of contacting random people you don't know then I would suggest driving yourself to the first camp and actively trying to meet other people from your area at the camp so that you would feel more comfortable riding with them. I guarantee that most people will be glad to have someone ride with them and split some of the travel costs.

:thumbup:

Oh well its nice to meet you period................ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . ................................... . ....................... . Here id like for you to meet a friend of mine its actually my cousin........... . . . . .. ... .. . . . . .. .His name is Manners I thought this was a forum for discussing DCI not for recieving insults about not using a stupid period

Edited by xXThRowTHeFlaGXx