Virginia Auditions?

yall keep telling me these stories but yet im getting no where how much do plane tickets cost? do i just send out a mass email to everyone on the site saying hey can i grab a ride with you to Jersey surf or crown? seeee yall arent telling me how to get in touch with people i have now emailed corps directors and asked them and im waiting for a reply but someone said i should go up to the camp and meet ppl then i can start riding with them...........THATS MY WHOLE PROBLEM! i cant get to camps

Then you email the director or staff,

Or possibly look in the carpool thread of DCP...

We're giving you scenarios on how other people did it - who's situations are quite possibly worser then yours and they figured it out.

If you wanna know the price of the plane ticket, go to the desired airline website you wish to fly.

Every drum corps (Correct me if I'm wrong not too certain) offers shuttle services to and from the airports at the begging and ends of camps...

And like one poster said - if everything is not working out financially, logistically, etc. then you might not be ready to march this summer, and you can work to save up money to fund for next year :]

Half the posters that are giving their own stories - and a LARGE percentage of people that march DCI, have to fund for it themselves, as they too have utilities to pay for such as yourself...

We're giving suggestions and ideas, in order to come up with a solution you have to take action..

Edited by Notorious T-U-B-A

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how much do plane tickets cost?

Look it up. Delta, AirTran...there are plenty of websites where you can look up ticket costs.

do i just send out a mass email to everyone on the site saying hey can i grab a ride with you to Jersey surf or crown? seeee yall arent telling me how to get in touch with people

I went to a message board on Facebook for Carolina Crown and randomly asked if I could get a ride. People responded, and now I have a ride up there (and back). Sure, I've never met these people, but that doesn't matter right now. I'll get to know them during the rides!

i have now emailed corps directors and asked them and im waiting for a reply but someone said i should go up to the camp and meet ppl then i can start riding with them...........THATS MY WHOLE PROBLEM! i cant get to camps

I think what they meant to say was that when you eventually go to these camps and get to know people, you could possibly get rides with them to future camps.

yall keep telling me these stories but yet im getting no where how much do plane tickets cost? do i just send out a mass email to everyone on the site saying hey can i grab a ride with you to Jersey surf or crown? seeee yall arent telling me how to get in touch with people i have now emailed corps directors and asked them and im waiting for a reply but someone said i should go up to the camp and meet ppl then i can start riding with them...........THATS MY WHOLE PROBLEM! i cant get to camps

email someone in their corps office explaining that you need a ride

generally they're able to go through the lists of who is from where and will help you contact people that are possibly from/going through your area

Edited by nothingbetter

You started out by saying that a 3 or 4 hour drive isn't that bad. Since then it has been pointed out to you that there are 3 corps about 4-5 hours away which is why I said meet people at the camp and ride with them in the future.

I apologize if I don't completely understand everything you are saying. Your poor effort at conveying your thoughts in a readable manner makes it very difficult.

If you can possibly get to the camp, try Surf(4.5 hours away or so). There's a good chance you won't get in touch with anyone who can give you a ride til you get there, but once you're there, there are tons of people who come from all over the place. They'll help you get in touch with people, but they'll also tell you, if you want it bad enough, you'll do your part to make it happen. Last season I rode with somewhere around 8 or 9 different people (between my parents, corps members, friends, people I barely knew) and took amtrak 3 times. It got me there and it was totally worth it.

But as other people have mentioned...you're only 16, you have years and years left to march. So, you know, check it out this year, see if it's what you want to do right now, then worry about the rest of the season.

yall keep saying stuff like that but you see i dont understand why you dont get that my parents are crazy and wont pay for me and i have to pay for everything myself yes i understand that there are kids from other countries that come but im sure that they dont really have to worry about paying for ALL of it

Welcome to adulthood! It has its benefits: good beer (when I can afford it), and that's about all I can think of at the moment...

If you're still interested in Surf, people on the boards have already mentioned things that could be helpful. I'd also suggest going to Surf's website and checking out their message boards. Yes, you might have to ride up there with a complete stranger, but at least they won't be strangers on the ride down? I don't really know how to make you feel better about that aspect...

I apologize if I don't completely understand everything you are saying. Your poor effort at conveying your thoughts in a readable manner makes it very difficult.

:withstupid:

just email the corps you want to go to and they can send out a blanket email to people in your area saying that youre looking for a carpool. 4 of my students in williamsburg just carpooled to the crown audition together. you are making waaay to big a deal about this, i know people who carpool to every camp and even have others from northern virginia come down and meet them. just take a few minutes innitiative (sp?) and email or message people. ave you ever thought about going into a facebook group for a corps and asking about carpool rides?