Phantom Regiment Financial Needs Over the Years

Wait... arent the Cadets and YEA! making money from their Marching Band tournament and other programs? If they dont have to take care of the Crossmen anymore...why do they need money?

Can they give us an answer?

I guess you'll have to ask them just as PR has said you can email them directly with questions!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This post is about Phantoms request for money to pay a SUBSTANTIAL amount of debt down, NOT about Cadets. Start another post to question the Cadets. It will fit nicely with the other 752 bash the Cadet posts. When it gets ugly, point another direction and hopefully everybody will forget the original problem? Most of these corps can do themselves a HUGE favor if they reign in the pocketbooks and use what you have. My used car got me to around ten shows last year, including San Antonio { a 28 hour drive, each way} and Indianapolis. I didn't even have to get a new car AFTER the season. I know how to make do, but I am not contending for a national championship. Maybe if DCI came up with a maximun spending plan, corps wouldn't spend themselves into these messes. I do however commend the board for their attempt at whiping this debt out before Phantom is folded. Now for that SEPERATE Cadets thread...........

Nope not trying to do that all, just trying to make a point that EVERYBODY needs money this time of year. I was using that as an example.

And I don't think it's bashing the Cadets when all I did was post what was on their website. NOWHERE did I BASH the Cadets.

The only reason this is ugly is because some posters on here are trying to stir up a pot that doesn't need stirred, when all they need to do is contact PR and ask them directly and I'm sure they'll get the answers they're looking for.

Edited by Lancerlady

The only reason this is ugly is because some posters on here are trying to stir up a pot that doesn't need stirred, when all they need to do is contact PR and ask them directly and I'm sure they'll get the answers they're looking for.

Bologna. The only reason this got ugly (not that I think it did) is because some of you are afraid that if discussion continues something not positive might be said about Phantom.

Pass that essence over here since I was never asked. The thread was started by someone who read the Rockford Article. The DCP news feed takes postings on corps websites and let's everyone see it.

Actually, the DCP news feed takes postings from the DCP front page which I or other members of the news team post. We do comb corps websites and RSS feeds for news items to post on the DCP front page. I found the article via a Google News RSS feed and posted it to the front page as it directly related to PR and the drum corps activity.

Lots of "not positive" things have been said about Phantom...some of them deserved...some of them not.

This thread is getting ugly because like Lancerlady said...people are trying to stir a pot...and I dont think she bashed the Cadets...I think she posted the obvious...every corps is asking for money....

...why then doesnt every corps put their financial history on DCP for us to pick apart after the fact? Because more likely then not it will hurt more than help.

Imaginations seem to run WILD on this forum...and no one has to be held accountable for what they say...so they'll say anything.

For the life of me...I dont see what is so difficult about sending an email to the corps and asking yourself....its just as easy as posting your opinion on this site.

If you really want to know...thats all you have to do. No one seems to be hiding anything.

Lots of "not positive" things have been said about Phantom...some of them deserved...some of them not.

Such as?

This thread is getting ugly because like Lancerlady said...people are trying to stir a pot...and I dont think she bashed the Cadets...I think she posted the obvious...every corps is asking for money....

I never said she bashed The Cadets.

...why then doesnt every corps put their financial history on DCP for us to pick apart after the fact? Because more likely then not it will hurt more than help.

Not necessarily. I think people want to know that they are donating to a group that handles their financial affairs well. I am betting most corps do very well in this area.

Imaginations seem to run WILD on this forum...and no one has to be held accountable for what they say...so they'll say anything.

Okay. What, if anything, has been said here as fact, that has been off base. Please correct any misinformation. This is your chance.

No one seems to be hiding anything.

Actually, whether someone is or not, the appearance is there, at least in the minds of some, even some admittedly Phantom honks.

Now, please expound on the misinformation in this thread and correct whatever needs to be corrected.

Bologna. The only reason this got ugly (not that I think it did) is because some of you are afraid that if discussion continues something not positive might be said about Phantom.

"Some of you"... :tongue: no it got ugly because of what I said, I'm CERTAINLY not afraid of discussion or debate.

I like it when a corps such as Phantom or any other corps for that matter,doesn't hide their financial situation comes out and EXPLAINS, (I don't know how many other ways to say it), they actually HAVE discussed and explained the situation.

It's people on this forum who come on here and want to spin it who are spinning out of control in their "discussion".

"Some of you"... :tongue: no it got ugly because of what I said, I'm CERTAINLY not afraid of discussion or debate.

I like it when a corps such as Phantom or any other corps for that matter,doesn't hide their financial situation comes out and EXPLAINS, (I don't know how many other ways to say it), they actually HAVE discussed and explained the situation.

It's people on this forum who come on here and want to spin it who are spinning out of control in their "discussion".

Ok. I will ask you as well, since the others I have asked have yet to answer. Who in this thread has spun the situation or has spread misinformation?