Where in the USA should a new corps be?

Where in the USA should a new corps be?  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Regions of US

• Midwest
    • South
    • West
    • Northeast

Does anyone think there will be a corps from Mexico any time soon? I mean, with all of the US companies opening facilities in places like Mexicali, it would seem like a natural progression. Mexicali already has basketball, baseball, and American football teams in town. Companies like Sony, Daewoo, Mitsubishi, Honeywell, Paccar, Vitro, Skyworks Solutions, Cardinal Health, Bosch, Price Pfister and Kwikset have set up plants there according to wikipedia, so there has to be some pretty good money there now. And it is not that far from the California shows.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Georgia should have a World Class corps.

Alaska!!!! Not really, after being stationed there for three years, it'd be a waste, but I do agree with the above reply, I really think that GA needs a world class corps.

If there was a serious effort to start a corps in GA, and the "Academy" approach was taken, I think there would be great success. The MB market is really strong, and if you recruit smartly, you could do well in that market.

Aside from GA, I think I'd like to see some Open Class corps in the North east. Back in the day, DC was a youth activity designed to keep kids off the street. I'd like to see that again, although the world is different, it's nice to dream.

One of my friends and I actually have a plan to start a corps one day from Cobb County...

If you're serious about that, PM me, I mean it....I've got some interesting resources, but can't do it alone.

Not entirely accurate actually. The Nevada Silver Stars were around a few years ago competing in Division 3, and there have been shows in northern Nevada a few times (I've marched at one).

No listing for them on Corpsreps.com. When was this and were they based out of Vegas?

No listing for them on Corpsreps.com. When was this and were they based out of Vegas?

It was 05 I believe....I never actually saw them compete, but I remember being excited about seeing them on the "Where is the nearest corps" map DCI had on the website. Not on corpsreps? Maybe they never got off the ground....hmm. They weren't from Vegas though, it was in Carson or Reno I think.

I want another corps in the South. The only thing I can really drive to is Spirit. That's about 3 or 4 hours away. Crusaders auditions are in Florida, which well over 10 hours away depending on where in Florida they are. Texas is way further away than you'd think. Took me 13 hours to drive to Madison once (bad idea). The next closest corps besides Spirit would be Blue Coats and Crown, which are both still quite a long distance away from where I am.

In this area, unless you have money, your only option is Spirit. Nothing against them, I just think there should be more options. I am jealous of those around northern Illinois. Madison, Cavaliers, Regiment..take your pick. Lucky SOBs.

Upstate New York, used to be the state with the most DCI corps in it, now there are 0!!!

But aside from my bias on that, definately the mid north and the south in general

two words:

central pennsylvania

then i won't have to drive hours and hours over and under and through and around mountains. instead, have other people drive to where i am!