Academy moving to Jupiter

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:tongue: I'll hold my comment till I Hear them live with the new horns. Well, what the mess here goes...what I do know of Jupiter products they WERE crap, just to be honest, I don't know about these new ones just yet. But hey, every horn has it own quirks.

i dont think that the instructors at academy would sign themselves up for a raw deal with poorly made horns..... true, kanstul makes amazing marching horns, but i do not see many corps using them... from what i know, mainly cause of their price tag (high)... maybe jupiter uped the ante with this line, well just have to see.

but jupiter has a very bad reputation to correct with this new line of stuff....

Mapex drums in action:

That vid dosen't do them any justice. The tenors sound awful, not the playing, the over all sound.

Plus 3 snare,2 tenors and some bass drums in not exactly field tested. Let's see how they do after a full season, oh wait a minute, is Academy only doing 16 shows again this year?

That vid dosen't do them any justice. The tenors sound awful, not the playing, the over all sound.

Plus 3 snare,2 tenors and some bass drums in not exactly field tested. Let's see how they do after a full season, oh wait a minute, is Academy only doing 16 shows again this year?

They're signed up for 20 plus Indy at this point.

whats wrong with fewer shows....? saved them money, probably so they could do more this year, since finals was in their backyard last year......and they didn't do bad for this first summer as a DIV I

Jupiter must've given them one HELL of a deal for them to switch over...but if they can crack finals on Jupiter gear, that'd be quite a feather in Jupiter's cap ( not to mention great exposure for their line)

I have a feeling that the brand of brass that Academy plays will have little or nothing to do with their final placement next year. How about remembering to write an ending first? :)