Academy moving to Jupiter

whats wrong with fewer shows....? saved them money, probably so they could do more this year, since finals was in their backyard last year......and they didn't do bad for this first summer as a DIV I

Nothing wrong with going to fewer shows, but the following corps should have gone on before Academy at Quarterfinals because they attended all the regionals:

Blue Stars

Madison Scouts

Crossmen

Cascades

Southwind

Troopers

Pioneer

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong with going to fewer shows, but the following corps should have gone on before Academy at Quarterfinals because they attended all the regionals:

Blue Stars

Madison Scouts

Crossmen

Cascades

Southwind

Troopers

Pioneer

I could've sworn this thread was about Academy playing Jupiter and Mapex instruments, not quarterfinals performance times.

I could've sworn this thread was about Academy playing Jupiter and Mapex instruments, not quarterfinals performance times.

It was... Stay on topic and do not hijack this thread.

Merry Christmas!

I think Jupiter has been branded as being a terrible instrument manufacturer because people judge them on their low-end student model horns. I have a feeling that these horns are going to surpass everyones expectations and turn some heads. I'd really like to see the Academy tear into finals on these horns and really surprise some people (myself included).

So are Mapex drums any good?....I dont think I have heard of them before.

I play around KC, blues and rock.

I also used to work at an all-drum store, now at a piano/band instrument/sheet music retail store (local).

I have 3 kits- Pearl, Yamaha, and Mapex (Saturn, with maple/walnut shells and lacquer finish). The Mapex kit currently is my go-to- tunes up great, easy to use hardware, great loud/soft tone...

If the marching gear is as good as my kit, I say why not- It's been a while since someone shook up things!

Options are good.

Matt

I play around KC, blues and rock.

I also used to work at an all-drum store, now at a piano/band instrument/sheet music retail store (local).

I have 3 kits- Pearl, Yamaha, and Mapex (Saturn, with maple/walnut shells and lacquer finish). The Mapex kit currently is my go-to- tunes up great, easy to use hardware, great loud/soft tone...

If the marching gear is as good as my kit, I say why not- It's been a while since someone shook up things!

Options are good.

Matt

I think theres a bunch of things that are going to be shook up in DCI this year. Just with like sponsorships and such... So if Jupiter/Mapex can do it with the Academy then more power to them!

Blue Stars

Madison Scouts

Crossmen

Cascades

Southwind

Troopers

Pioneer

quite true.

If other corps are going to tour FULL time . spend the money on the road entertaining the drum corps crowds.

they should go on AFTER part time touring corps.

If you miss a regional you should get lower than the last place score in your average.

touring costs money . some corps tour fees are expensive because of gas prices and food on the road. why hold this against them to put a PART TIME corps on after them at semis???

if so less corps will tour. making less shows .

this must change.

i'm surprised, seeing as how the "be instrumental" program was successful in helping them obtain the full line of kanstul brass "adoption" style -- are those even all paid off for those adoptees on a payment plan?

however... Jupiter has that partnership with the boston brass, where JD Shaw plays, who's worked with/arranged for academy before.... might be grasping for straws, but there's a connection there if you look.

at midwest last week there was a positive vibe going around about jupiter's new line... hopefully it wasn't all hype.

quite true.

If other corps are going to tour FULL time . spend the money on the road entertaining the drum corps crowds.

they should go on AFTER part time touring corps.

If you miss a regional you should get lower than the last place score in your average.

touring costs money . some corps tour fees are expensive because of gas prices and food on the road. why hold this against them to put a PART TIME corps on after them at semis???

if so less corps will tour. making less shows .

this must change.

move this to a new thread so we don't get off topic?