150 members

By putting in another 15 members to reach the max of 150 members . . . is it worth the sacrifice (dear me to say) placement to reach 150 members. What if the corps is tight at 135 and you add the 15 (marginal players) could that not affect placement? What if you (top 12 and those trying to attain it) do not march 150, will that not affect demand, hence placement?

And why bring this up again? I think this is thread number 500 on the subject.

Yet we still endlessly and pointlessly debate next years placements the second finals is over and nobody says a word.

Yet we still endlessly and pointlessly debate next years placements the second finals is over and nobody says a word.

Actually, they complain about that too. People also complain about people who complain about complainers, which is actually what I'm doing right now....however, the novelty is already wearing off, so i think I'll just go to sleep, since my dreams are generally more interesting than dcp at 1am in january :tongue:

well the initial reason why the numbers were bumped to 150 is because most of the newer coach buses can seat 150 or more.

How it help the corps....can add more to the guard, more horns (french horns), cymbal lines. Corps might want to do more storyline shows and want characters to help that out.

Corps who don't want or can't field 150 will not.

By putting in another 15 members to reach the max of 150 members . . . is it worth the sacrifice (dear me to say) placement to reach 150 members. What if the corps is tight at 135 and you add the 15 (marginal players) could that not affect placement? What if you (top 12 and those trying to attain it) do not march 150, will that not affect demand, hence placement?

At least as I read DCP, a corps placement is less important than the "fan friendliness" (read...loud...in your face...recognizable melodies) of the shows. So, I would guess adding 15 members would make the show louder perhaps and that would be a good thing. Placement is such a subjective matter, no one will know whether adding 15 members makes any difference at all to the judges. I mean, it's not a tick system any longer.

And for the corps, they continue to extoll the virtues of filling the bus seats, producing some extra bottom line revenue, and giving more young people the opportunity of a drum corps experience.

So, I figure it's all good and let's go forward in 2008 expecting great things.

Unless you want to be negative...then I can go back to my old 2007 self.