HALL OF FAME

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a couple of years they did have an Associate membership for those sorts like Tom Meek, and I thought he got one of them. I know that Bill Hoyt, John DeFazio and others got them. The award for the Johnny Lunchbuckets and the "grunts" that do the dirty work. I dont what happened to the award, but I do know that Vince Bruni believed that those guys should also be awarded for their toils.

I also believe that my brother Jim Allen should have been in the WDCHOF before I ever was, and cannot believe that he isnt in there yet. I would imagine if he filled out the application and got a sponsor, he would be a first ballot kind of guy.

Donny

Edited by donnymusic

Hey Joe.........get someone to download the app from the website and get it completed.........then let me know, OK?

Joebaloney (according to Nick)

For a couple of years they did have an Associate membership for those sorts like Tom Meek, and I thought he got one of them. I know that Bill Hoyt, John DeFazio and others got them. The award for the Johnny Lunchbuckets and the "grunts" that do the dirty work. I dont what happened to the award, but I do know that Vince Bruni believed that those guys should also be awarded for their toils.

I also believe that my brother Jim Allen should have been in the WDCHOF before I ever was, and cannot believe that he isnt in there yet. I would imagine if he filled out the application and got a sponsor, he would be a first ballot kind of guy.

Donny

Tom Meek definitely belongs as a full member. September 1966 to 2008 and beyond... too much to ignore... while he was not an instructor or arranger, he was a corps director and has had a positive effect on several different corps. He is a credit to the activity.

Tom Meek definitely belongs as a full member. September 1966 to 2008 and beyond... too much to ignore... while he was not an instructor or arranger, he was a corps director and has had a positive effect on several different corps. He is a credit to the activity.

Amen to that Tom!

Amen to that Tom!

It seems to me that every corps has members that may never get into the Hall of Fame, but nevertheless have been marching/participating in the activity for decades. These workhorses of drum corps -- the Johnny or Janey Lunchbuckets of corps -- deserve recognition for simply contributing their bodies, minds, and hearts to the organization for years in unsung dedication. I'd like to start this thread in honor of them. Take a moment to tell the rest of us about your corps' unsung workhorses.

My corps has Tom Meek. At 60+, he's in better shape than most of us and continues to play his Baritone on the field with vigor. He just celebrated his 40th year in Drum Corps and doesn’t look like he’s even close to retirement! His physical conditioning qualifies him as a true freak of nature.

In his signature fireside chats, Tom has a way of putting things in perfect perspective at precisely the right time. His humor is contagious and his tee shirts are classic. Based on the rules of the Hall of Fame, we’d have to shoehorn him in and we may not be successful in our attempt. To be fair, Tom wouldn’t be the type to seek membership, so no application has been forwarded. Nonetheless, as many of you have publicly stated, if there’s anyone who might deserve it, it would be Tom Meek, for just being there for life. He’s certainly in our Hall of Fame and one of our most valuable assets.

There are others like him in your corps. Maybe you can tell us something about them.

Scott Mescon

Brigadiers

tom started in cru the same time as me and i'm amazed he's still going. he was always very reserved and well manored and worked like a dog. kudoes to tom.

tom started in cru the same time as me and i'm amazed he's still going. he was always very reserved and well manored and worked like a dog. kudoes to tom.

Although I have known tom through the years as we were always marching with corps that competed against each other, I really got to become better friends after 1988 when I left steel city and joined cru to finish the year. Tom became one of my best drum corps friends that year. Many a time I stayed at tom and dianes during those seasons.I agree Tom has always had the best interest of drum corps at heart and I also think that he belongs in the HALL OF FAME Jerry

Tom would have my vote.