1st Freelancers Alumni Horn Rehearsal

######, looks like Tony and I missed a good time!

Sorry we couldn't make it after all, when's the next rehearsal????

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rogers? You rock!! Great review. There's a significance, symbolic at the very least, of Carl Allison's participation in this first rehearsal as he and I talked a bit about it last week. Even though it goes against every VK blood cell in my body to say this, I'm REALLY excited to see you guys getting together and doing this. It's sooooooo cool to read yours and Kelli's review...ain't this what drum corps is all about?? Awesome.

I had a chance to meet Jeff Collins this past weekend at NAMM, and didn't realize he was going to be up there too. Wow...you guys sure now how to start some excitement.

Can't wait to hear...

"LIVE>>>>>>>FROM SACRAMENTO>>>>>>THE FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELANCERS!!!"

Mario was there????? tell him hi for me next practice....I might try and fly up for one of them soon.

I would, but I won't make it up there for a while. I'm hoping we can get the SoCal group going soon.

Rogers? You rock!! Great review. There's a significance, symbolic at the very least, of Carl Allison's participation in this first rehearsal as he and I talked a bit about it last week. Even though it goes against every VK blood cell in my body to say this, I'm REALLY excited to see you guys getting together and doing this. It's sooooooo cool to read yours and Kelli's review...ain't this what drum corps is all about?? Awesome.

I had a chance to meet Jeff Collins this past weekend at NAMM, and didn't realize he was going to be up there too. Wow...you guys sure now how to start some excitement.

Can't wait to hear...

"LIVE>>>>>>>FROM SACRAMENTO>>>>>>THE FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELANCERS!!!"

Hey Ryan, thanks for the kind words! Kelli, Carl and I (and many others to be sure) have been hyped on this before it was even a reality.

Of course, as Kelli already mentioned, we have to thank Don Silva for finally giving in under constant pressure from Kelli.

Edited by ravedodger

It was great to be there for this. I have wanted to see this for a long time so I was thrilled. Ave Maria was awesome and I can't wait until we get to hear all of Bellavia! You have just taken your first step into a larger world! :lol:

$1 to Obi Wan Kenobi

I must admit to being a little nervous when we began to play "Bellavia". After all, it was the first time in 28 years that I had played contra in a line, and I didn't want to screw up the Freelancers signature piece. But when we did play, what a thrill! I can't wait for the next practice.

BTW: Big thanks to the Anaheim Kingsmen for allowing us to borrow 2 of their K-90's. Awesome horn to play. Now I gotts figure out how to come up with the money to buy one.....any ideas? Anyone?.....Anyone?....Bueller?.....Bueller? :lol:

Sorry not to be coming... Looking forward to the reports.

Tell everyone Bob J says hello!

1982 Euphonium

1983 Euphonium

1984 Baritone

Bob are you not able to make any of the rehearsals, or just the first one?