1997 Cadets - Celebration

Oh, and the closing moments starting with the company front...one of the most ballsy intense ending, they just keep getting louder and louder when it doesn't seem possible! From the runs during the crazy box thing, then the low brass does a descending run leading to those big final chords pushing and pushing and PUSHING and the drum major is scary...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and the closing moments starting with the company front...one of the most ballsy intense ending, they just keep getting louder and louder when it doesn't seem possible! From the runs during the crazy box thing, then the low brass does a descending run leading to those big final chords pushing and pushing and PUSHING and the drum major is scary...

You should listen to the preseason recording of that. I thought it was EXCELLENT!!

You should listen to the preseason recording of that. I thought it was EXCELLENT!!

I would if I had it :tongue:

1997 disc one gets more play in my car than any other DCI CD (and I have A LOT). Hands down my favourite top 7 year.

Devils were SOOO clean.

Cadets had arguably the most physically demanding show in the history of DCI (to this day), and the only mellophone line with more notes was Star 1991.

Vanguard had awesome drill and Casella wrote a gem of a drum book.

I loved Phantom's yellow Premier's and the spandex bodysuit.

Madison was electric. One of their best drumlines.

Crossmen was fun and they had a really clean guard (as far as a drummer can tell)

Cavaliers - LOVE THIS SHOW. Not many people do, but it's one of my favourite Cavie shows.

I agree with just about all of these and would throw in one more - Colts. They didn't make top 12 (missed by .9), but they had a fun show of Blood, Sweat and Tears music (and some sexy color guard moments).

1997 Cadets - Celebration :thumbup: :thumbup: :ph34r:

What a hornline. I swear I've never heard this many runs, notes, and articulations for any hornline.

And these guys had some pretty crazy drill. Just check out the end of the opener. And that one line, where the hornline is so perfectly covered down on the yardline, that they almost hide away.

Is it me, or is this show not praised enough

:thumbup:

I absolutely love that hornline as well that year!! Another year their hornline was phenomonal was 1993. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by gbell211