Stupid Things That Remind Me of Drum Corps

Do stupid things remind you of your marching years?? Whenever I drive past a football field or a stadium, especially at night when the stadium is lit I get this deja Vu that drum corps show is underway and i actually wonder who's marching!

I know I'm wierd! :rolleyes:

How about you????

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To paraphrase from Apocalypse Now: "I love the smell of Diesel in the morning, It smells like Drum Corps !"

To paraphrase from Apocalypse Now: "I love the smell of Diesel in the morning, It smells like Drum Corps !"

The smell of Diesel fumes is the big one for me. Plus the smell of sunblock, any time I see Dunkaroos snacks (long story) and lastly those plastic clingy sign type things on the windows of fast food restaurants and convenience stores. When I marched Freelancers, certain members had a habit of "acquiring" these clingy signs from many of the places we stopped. I still crack up just about every time I walk into a fast food restaurant or a gas station convenience store and see one of those signs. Plus I'm just a little tempted to "acquire" it as well. Never have, never will, but I still find it entertaining. :tongue:

Driving on any Interstate Highway, if I see 2 or more buses traveling together, I immediately think it could be a drum corps. Most of the time it's some type of sports team or a school group, and occasionally a high school band. A few times it has been a corps, though.

And Mike -- I'm with you on the stadiums. It's only slightly different for me: I always think, "I wonder if this would be a good place to hold a contest?"

How sick am I?!?!

The smell of Diesel and fresh cut grass brings the pangs back to me.

We have a high school across the street, and when I hear the marching bands drums pounding away, I'm always rushing to the window to see what's going on.

And Mike -- I'm with you on the stadiums. It's only slightly different for me: I always think, "I wonder if this would be a good place to hold a contest?"

Doesn't this stadium just scream for a contest ? Hummer Park in Topeka

Every time I see a college bowl game I am reminded of corps. Especially the Cotton Bowl, as we marched there on the 4th of July way back in the day..........

Anytime I see a bus broken down on the side of the road. :thumbup:

Anytime I see a bus broken down on the side of the road. :thumbup:

Roark,

You're lucky you weren't in in 1976. They (B.H.) outfitted all buses with retread tires.

We literally broke down (or "threw a retread) at least once a day on the entire Western Tour.

One time was right at the Vail exit so that was a very cool afternoon off.

Edited by bass5