< How to join Renegades for Chinese New Year >

Lee, what cadence/streetbeat is going to be used? Do you know when the drumparts for the song will be available?

Just curious

:lol::w00t::lol::lol::w00t::lol::lol:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's "Vampire Boogie", right?

Sorry to say Jan and I (and Olivia, the ReneBaby) won't be able to make it thanks to the drunk driver that rear-ended me at a red light in June. My back's just not up to it yet. I'm still hoping to do St. Patty's with Reilly Raiders here in Las Vegas/Henderson in March. Got the parts, just woodshedding them now!

Hope to see you all sometime this summer!

Garry, Jan and Olivia

Will drums be provided, (snares)?

Still Trevor:

No its not Vampire boogie. We have an entirely new drum book this year...nothing is the same :)

Kelley we do still have all the drums, and a few of the new guys bring their own, so there should be enough to go round. I would just email someone to make sure they are brought.

I would suggest bringing your own plates if possible and at the very least, pads for them.

:nervous:

That's possibly the scariest thing I've read on DCP, ever.

Scarier is a few years ago, I probably could have whipped up a pair of plates out of the "spare computer parts and drum corps crap closet" (Mike Boo still has one, although I think he technically calls it his office. You never know when you're going to need a spare vga-dvi adapter or marimba.)

This sounds like a ton of fun!

Mentioned it to my wife as in doing a CNY parade with the Renegades and the music is available online and she said, "That sounds real cool." "Ya wanna do it?"

I said, "Yeah"

Wife: "Where are the Renegades?"

Me: "San Francisco. It's on Feb. 23".

W: "You're kidding, right?"

M: "We could visit your sister in Alameda, too. And maybe your other sister in Davis."

W: "Mmmm, don't think so."

Bummer. Hope you guys have a great time. Sometimes we go to Chinatown in Philly, it's fun, but now I'll be wishing I was marching with you guys.

Some sop hit a high note for me at the last note and hang over a bit too long on the release and it'll almost seem like I'm there. :nervous:

This sounds like a ton of fun!

Mentioned it to my wife as in doing a CNY parade with the Renegades and the music is available online and she said, "That sounds real cool." "Ya wanna do it?"

I said, "Yeah"

Wife: "Where are the Renegades?"

Me: "San Francisco. It's on Feb. 23".

W: "You're kidding, right?"

M: "We could visit your sister in Alameda, too. And maybe your other sister in Davis."

W: "Mmmm, don't think so."

Bummer. Hope you guys have a great time. Sometimes we go to Chinatown in Philly, it's fun, but now I'll be wishing I was marching with you guys.

Some sop hit a high note for me at the last note and hang over a bit too long on the release and it'll almost seem like I'm there. :nervous:

will do man. I will make it my mission. not to hard :sadlike: