Why no mention/Important New Rule Change Proposal

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't be the only one thinking that we still don't know who the six that will be elected are? The possiblity still exists that the "top six" will be elected. I mean, c'mon... we still still could have some hangin'chads around here somewhere. :nervous:

You are right, but everyone has a shot.

Breaking news! Sky not falling. World safe from the evil top 9

And there was much rejoicing, yeah!

$1 to Monty Python

Let's not rewrite history here at the end of the thread. One more proposal of many, yes; a draft copy of a work in process, not really.

It was intended for presentation at this board of directors meeting and was changed after an unplanned opportunity for outside input this past week.

No rewriting of history here. I stand by my opinion and will up it one level. Not only was this a draft copy of a work in process, it wasn't even the final draft copy of the proposal.

The proposal to change governance structure of an organization is of extreme importance to that organization. I have no problem believing that a wide variety of options were discussed as to how this should work, look and feel. There are so many aspects of this kind of process from a high level philisophical discussion to a practical look at the logistical details. It would the fiduciary responsibility of the board of directors to explore options of all types. They would not be doing their due diligence if they did not look at a variety of options. This didn't just happen overnight or even in the past week or two. This was not a one and done proposal - the stakes are too high.

In that context, I can see that it is probable that the information that was posted here on DCP was part of the discussion somewhere along the way. Seeing the extremely wide gap between the DCP posting and the final version that was actually proposed, voted on and passed and knowing that they had the same source author, it is a reasonable scenario to assume that there were additional evolutionary steps in between the 2 proposals.

Wait a second.

Do you REALLY think that it was changed because of us?

If so that is a delusion of grandeur if I've ever seen one.

How do you know we didn't influence it. A few emails to directors, and even if just one brings it up at the discussions, then others begin to agree and wha-la (sp?), an amended proposal. It's not so far fetched and you have no idea if we had an influence or not.

How do you know we didn't influence it. A few emails to directors, and even if just one brings it up at the discussions, then others begin to agree and wha-la (sp?), an amended proposal. It's not so far fetched and you have no idea if we had an influence or not.

Hey - anything's possible.

But - let's play the odds here.

Considering that DCI has been working on governance issues for several years now (there was a proposal brought forth last year and voted down, for example), one thread on DCP less than a week before the final vote at this year's meetings - no matter how long the thread, spectacular the insight or passionate the arguments - is going to have negligible influence.

In this case, if I were a betting man - my money is on absolutely no influence whatsoever.