Why no mention/Important New Rule Change Proposal

I apologize if I've missed it, but I wonder why there's been no discussion of a George Hopkins proposal that will be voted on next weekend that has the potential to have a far greater impact on the future of the activity than any of the above-mentioned rule change proposals.

I'm talking about the one in which the current "big boys" of DCI want to take all decision-making away from the corps ranked 10th and below.

If George's proposal passes, only the top 9 corps will have a say in the operation of DCI, including any and all competitive rules changes.

Edited by oldsoprano

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize if I've missed it, but I wonder why there's been no discussion of a George Hopkins proposal that will be voted on next weekend that has the potential to have a far greater impact on the future of the activity than any of the above-mentioned rule change proposals.

I'm talking about the one in which the current "big boys" of DCI want to take all decision-making away from the corps ranked 10th and below.

If George's proposal passes, only the top 9 corps will have a say in the operation of DCI, including any and all competitive rules changes.

Yeah I have been very concerned about this as well. I think it has not been mentioned because Hopkins is trying to slip it in the back door. The proposal just got sent out a few weeks ago. I think this is far more dangerous than any competitive rule proposal. This gives 9 corps the power to decide whatever anyone else does in the activity.... that cant be good for anyone except those 9 corps

Have a link to it?

I hope you're joking....if not, then, well...I guess I'll just reserve judgment until I can see this...but...um...

No words. Wow.

Just...yeah.

Cavaliers and BD's forums don't show anything either.

I hate to play moderator on this one, but if we can't substantiate it, we'll have to close it under the "rumor" file.

Yeesh. Leaving it open until the morning crew gets here and maybe we can get some confirmation. :thumbup:

Have a link to it?

I hope you're joking....if not, then, well...I guess I'll just reserve judgment until I can see this...but...um...

No words. Wow.

Just...yeah.

I can promise you.... this is not a joke

Cavaliers and BD's forums don't show anything either.

I hate to play moderator on this one, but if we can't substantiate it, we'll have to close it under the "rumor" file.

Yeesh. Leaving it open until the morning crew gets here and maybe we can get some confirmation. :thumbup:

The reason it is not common knowledge is because it has been sent out to the directors and not made public. If someone could get in touch with DCI in the morning and ask I bet they would confirm it.