Does anyone know who voted Yes and No

And what about Pioneer?

I would assume BD and Crossmen both voted for the proposals and Pioneer against.

Crossmen and Pioneer did not have a vote. PC did not have one either, so the list above is not correct. BD did vote.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crossmen and Pioneer did not have a vote. PC did not have one either, so the list above is not correct. BD did vote.

Thanks

I'm sorry. I don't fully understand how the brass will be amplified. Are we talking overhead mics or 60+ wireless mics? :thumbup:

Could you imagine, right in the middle of some of DCI's most gorgeously designed musical moments: Ave Maria, Time to Say Goodbye, Music of the Night, Chorale from Jupiter, Amazing Grace, ((insert favorite musical moment ever in DCI)) etc....all of a sudden you are taken back by the ridiculously loud 30 second screech from the feedback....... :music:

+plus it was during finals... :guinesssmilie::thumbup:

Adam- I relish the thought... And when it does happen, the powers that be, will say, "Yeah, but it doesn't happen very often." :music:

Adam- I relish the thought... And when it does happen, the powers that be, will say, "Yeah, but it doesn't happen very often." :music:

Not to mention, the judges will ignore it because there's no accounting for it in the adjudication. Oh, wait....

Not to mention, the judges will ignore it because there's no accounting for it in the adjudication. Oh, wait....

I remember one of the BOA bands a few years ago lost a decent placement due to their electronic failures. If I were a director, I would not rely on the electronics to carry the show, just for the risk of something going wrong. I am not necessarily opposed to the electronic idea, electronic instruments are being incorporated into every type of music, so it's not a very radical change at all (I saw not too long ago, a premier of a turn-table concerto!). If the are used intelligently, I think they could really add a lot to the performances. Designers need to understand what is tacky and what is not. The past displays of the recent additions, such as amplification, showed both the good, the bad, and the ugly....and the down right shameful. It will be the same case with electronics, both pleasant and annoying to listen to. I'm just concerned about the potential problems that might occur, if something goes wrong, it will go wrong in a big way. I'm at least giving electronics a chance, but that loud screech would really really suck!

well now that names have been released, i think ill do just that. i assume once more people learn that this thread has the answers to its proposed question, many others will be emailing those "no" corps and following suit.

thanks for posting, thats one of the validating reasons for people to follow this website.

Jared, did you send your emails yet? (Trying to un-hijack the thread)

Jared, did you send your emails yet? (Trying to un-hijack the thread)

no, ive been at school all day. i do plan on it though, sometime in the next few days.