NFL vs DCI

So if the Cavaliers are the Patriots who would the Giants be? Just thought it would be fun. Here are a few of mine.

Cavaliers = Patriots (cavaliers winning 5 of the last 8 championships)

Regiment = Giants/ Broncos ( not many championships between the 3 but always seem to be a contender)

Madison Scouts = Green Bay Packers ( Legendary Stadium, and both from Wisconsin....it only seemed appropriate )

Cadets = Colts ( Always clean and technically proficient )

SCV = Jaguars ( agressive, and ussually strong in all parts )

Blue Devils = Cowboys ( Dominant, espeacially in the 90's)

etc....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cadets = Colts ( Always clean and technically proficient )

And change home towns a lot... :music: Thanks you Bob "Mr Mayflower" Irsey...

If I remember Art Donovans book, the Baltimore Colts originally were a team (Dallas Texans) who were taken over by the league in the early 50s. And before that there was a Colts team in a pro league that fell thru.

Edit: Courtesy of Wikpedi entry (too lazy to check further and shows right to me :guinesssmilie: )

A previous Baltimore Colts team played between 1947 and 1950. The original Colts team began play in 1946 as the Miami Seahawks, a member of the upstart All-America Football Conference. They relocated to Baltimore as the Colts in 1947, and joined the NFL in 1950 after the AAFC merged into the older league. However, the franchise folded after one NFL season. After fans in Baltimore protested, the NFL formed another Colts team out of the ashes of the failed Dallas Texans for the 1953 season

Rest is from me: Irony for you Cleveland Brown fans. The original Browns also came into the NFL from the AAFC. And of course the original Browns went to Bal-mure and became the Ravens. (Cleveland was just smart enough to keep the team name).

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

how about bluecoats and browns

both are from Northeast Ohio

neither has won a "league" championship in the current format

both have voraciously loyal fans

and both are beginning to compete at a higher level through commitment to coaching/instructional staff and player/member recruitment/retention

I think I would compare SCV/Phantom with the Cowboys more than anyone else. EVERYONE loves the Cowboys, and they are often said to be "America's Team." You don't see too many people ranting and raving about how terrible or how much they hate SCV/Phantom.

(OT: How the heck did they lose to the Giants? Seriously...)

and I thought it was going to be if the Cavies lined up against the Patriots.

In the words of the guyz on Saturday Night Live.

Da score would be...da Patriotzz 198,038 da Cavies tree.

However, iffda Cavies had Ditka...ittidd be da Cavies 1,479,138 ta da Patriotzz 0.

Ditka...coach...ditka

I think I would compare SCV/Phantom with the Cowboys more than anyone else. EVERYONE loves the Cowboys, and they are often said to be "America's Team." You don't see too many people ranting and raving about how terrible or how much they hate SCV/Phantom.

With that description, then it should be....

Troopers = Cowboys.

America's Corps = America's team.

Jim Jones = Tom Landry

Buffalo needs to win a Superbowl, then Phantom Regiment would be a perfect fit... so close, so many times.

Quite simple. Giants went to play. Cowboys didn't .. Giants wanted it more thats all. Now you see Talent and Stats doesn't = Win

Amazing how Heart and Desire can change some outcomes isn't .

one last thing.. Look at the last few weeks of the season. Dallas was playing crappy Giants after Pats game playing very well trust me as a Giant fan we are wondering were this team was all season.

Now as for the comparisions I like the orginal but like the one person said Colts and Cadet that is a good one moving around.. LOL

Who would get to go with Bills Getting to the show 4 times but not winning. That would have been phantom but they won so who next.. Bluecoats