Drum Corps Trivia

You're just saying that because he's so pretty. And you forgot to say what year. :peek:

Yeah well (we) just hate this can of worms.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I can't find anything on them...?

The one I'm thinking of actually competed at a Nationals...

Hmmm ... before or after the 80/20 veteran rule ... I remember some pics of all female groups in BellaRosa's rag but thought they were only parade corps ...

:-)

Yeah well (we) just hate this can of worms.

Actually, Tim WOULD know the answer to my question more than anyone else!!!

And the Carol Fallon answer is INCORRECT!

Carol's first year with Hawthorne was 1990, and she did in fact play in an OCTET, but she was not a soloist!

Ron.....that would be the Hormel (sp) Corps.....I think they were given a nickname the 'Spamettes'

J

I though this might be fun, and maybe shake loose a few cobwebs during the Winter Doldrums...

First Question:

Has there ever been an "All-Girl" Senior Corps?

ok... I'll play... Upstate trivia... Have at it Mr. Allen...

Ron - you're disqualified

1. Who was Utica Executive's DM?

2. 1950's Brigadiers was a family affair... two families dominated... Name them... (not Peashey - long before the 3 of us) At one point, they may have had 5 brothers from each family in the corps, but I'm not sure of the exact count or how many marched in any one season... but it was a lot...

3. While many corps managed to find tall drum majors, I marched under the tallest I've ever seen... he was way over 6 Ft. tall and a lot closer to 7 Ft. than 6... memory escapes me for the exact number, but I want to say he was 6'10" tall... his name was Sheldon K. Blank... what corps? what city?

4. What corps did Vince Bruni leave to begin his long career with the Hilton Crusaders? Bonus points if you can name the founding director of the Crusaders who talked him into jumping ship as drill arranger/instructor.

5. What instrument did Vince Bruni play? YES... he did march and play an instrument...

6. Who copywrited "I'm a drum corps nut" and it's logo

7. Who was the x Brigadier who became the first corps director of the Fulton Gauchos?

8. Who is the most famous (drum corps wise) alumnus of the Salamanca Black Knights?

9. What MAJOR DCI Director and founder marched with Rochester Crusaders?

10. Dr. Richard Anderson was a lead sop for Crusaders for several seasons in the 1970's. What junior corps was he DM for?

and last but not least...

11. Who was the DM of the 1971 Syracuse Brigadiers?

Upstate trivia

2. Legend has one family took turns. Three brothers would march a squad of sopranos, while the other two would stay back and run the family's Italian restaurant. Time-share drumcorps, I know it's true because I heard about it at the PLAV.

6. Not really an Upstate question, but please print the magazine ad photo of the T-shirt model.

8. "Infamous" would be a better adjective.

ok... I'll play... Upstate trivia... Have at it Mr. Allen...

11. Who was the DM of the 1971 Syracuse Brigadiers?

Butch Anderson of later Skyliner fame ...

:-)