Instructor's caucus

I'm just curious. What does "too hot" mean? Was the equipment stolen?

Sorry, just a bit confused.

No that's tech talk for the sound is too loud and over powering the horn line. It means it's not a good blend for the front line and/or that there is increasing feed back with the mics and/or other issues with the mixing that the bod and others keep ignoring regarding amplification.

Tim was trying to show that these should be issues that should be judged on the sheets (I agree). If they want to have this then if they screw up the sound it should be reflected in the sheets.

Edited by Lancerlady

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally want to thank Tim as well for at least trying. I for one appreciate the effort.

Thank you Tim. :peek:

Well, unless eastcoastjazz decides to fill in the blanks, I've no reason to discount the first version.

Well that's one way to decribe the session. Having been there I would say I have a distinctly different impression.

I was there too and I agree. Tim's proposals were listened too seriously and he got his fair shake. People just did not agree and decided to vote a different way.

The only negative thing I can say was he came across angry and a bit combative during the Friday night session when the rules were first presented. This may have caused some people to avoid him a bit.

The funny thing is, for all of the controversy that there seems to be here on DCP (and some other message boards) it was not a big deal in the caucuses. I think people spent more time discussing the double GE panel proposal and the age proposal than anything else. I was not at the directors meeting, but I can imagine that might have been a bit more tense than the caucuses.

I have it from someone that was there that Tim was blown off by all except a couple of people. I am not going public with the details because I do not have their permission and am not going to speak for them. I believe them before I believe the versions presented by a couple of people in this thread. Unless they are willing to detail their account of things that would be contrary to the original poster's claims (which goes well with what I was told), I won't give much credence to their claims.

Well, there is one thing Tim can learn from Hopkins.... How to be persistant when proposing the same thing over and over and over and..... :tongue: LOL... sorry it just had to be said. (I personally think the activity would benifit from this little lesson :peek: )

I have it from someone that was there that Tim was blown off by all except a couple of people. I am not going public with the details because I do not have their permission and am not going to speak for them. I believe them before I believe the versions presented by a couple of people in this thread. Unless they are willing to detail their account of things that would be contrary to the original poster's claims (which goes well with what I was told), I won't give much credence to their claims.

ok