Pushing the limits of entertainment in a drum corps show

do "the national anthem" by radiohead

Forget about that version.

Do the Jimi Hendrix version. THAT would rock!!!!!!! :tongue:

Fran

Phantom Regiment 1993 -- "Fire of Eternal Glory" ... the crab-wedge+spin ... watching and hearing the crowd react to that move and that ballad all season long ... then being in that crowd on Finals night ... WOW!!

Phantom Regiment 1993 -- "Fire of Eternal Glory" ... the crab-wedge+spin ... watching and hearing the crowd react to that move and that ballad all season long ... then being in that crowd on Finals night ... WOW!!

Yes. I remember freaking out when I first saw a video of that show...

Paint ball guns for the fans in first twenty rows, with auto scoring sensors on the marchers – we need to get the fans more involved, interactive is still such the buzz word

oooOOooo....I just bought one on ebay. This sounds like a fun way to use it. All we need to do is equip the shakos of the members with little visors and eyeguards or something.... :tongue:

SCV 1989 - I mean, come on. That show is legendary.

Cavaliers 2004 - I've never known a show to exude so much personality and embody a story so well. Every member of that corps became Bond and it showed on and off the field. quarters broadcast, anyone? lol

I don't have time to read this whole thread so this may have been said already. It probably has. Entertainment is not a value that most top corps have anymore. Entertainment comes second. And as far as arrangers and writers, most are just trying to further their own careers. Gone are the days when they worked for the kids. The kids are now vehicles for advancing their careers. Like pawns in a chess game. They will do with you what they please because it's all about their name and career. Not you.

Anywhoo... most entertaining show(s).

1989 SCV

1995 Scouts

1994 BD

1999 SCV

2000 SW

2005 SW

2000 Cadets

2003 BD

1990 BD

1995 Cavaliers

1975 Scouts

1980 Spirit

1988 Scouts

1989 Regiment

1986 BD

A lot, I know....

Not too many recent shows either

I don't have time to read this whole thread so this may have been said already. It probably has. Entertainment is not a value that most top corps have anymore. Entertainment comes second. And as far as arrangers and writers, most are just trying to further their own careers. Gone are the days when they worked for the kids. The kids are now vehicles for advancing their careers. Like pawns in a chess game. They will do with you what they please because it's all about their name and career. Not you.

Do you honestly believe that?? I mean I can buy your argument about a lack of entertainment (maybe), but do you really think that all these designers care about is notoriety in an incredibly narrow-focused niche activity??? Seems like the picked the wrong career if they wanted fame and accolades....