HEY TUBAS?

The Blue Stars have a few remaining spots in our tuba line. Email corps director Eric Sabach at eric@bluestars.org and I will answer any and all questions.

Now for you guys that are not tuba players and came in here? Maybe you can send an email to a tuba player, band director, low brass player, or just another drum corps fan and send them my information.

Eeewww...what's that smell??? :ph34r::rolleyes:

08poster_lg2.jpg

FEEL FREE TO SEND THEM THIS POSTER TOO!

Edited by njthundrrd

Any openings in the Contra Bass line? I wouldn't want to play a tuba. You've got to wrap those suckers around your body and march around like a functional idiot. :rolleyes:

Contrabass ruined me. It was a love/hate relationship. There was nothing else I would rather march, but jesus it was brutal.

How many tubas are Bluestars hoping to march?

We are marching 12 tubas/contras with 2 alternates. I assure you there are no sousaphones!

Any openings in the Contra Bass line? I wouldn't want to play a tuba. You've got to wrap those suckers around your body and march around like a functional idiot. :thumbup:

I believe you have "Tuba" mixed up with "sousaphone".

Please be rest assured these are two distinctly different things. I could attempt to get in to detail about how the curvature makes the sound suck, and etc, but please understand that corps DO march tubas, contrabass tubas, in fact. A contrabass tuba is a CC or Bb tuba, whereas a bass tuba is more of an F or Eb tuba...

I believe you have "Tuba" mixed up with "sousaphone".

Please be rest assured these are two distinctly different things. I could attempt to get in to detail about how the curvature makes the sound suck, and etc, but please understand that corps DO march tubas, contrabass tubas, in fact. A contrabass tuba is a CC or Bb tuba, whereas a bass tuba is more of an F or Eb tuba...

Where I came from a tuba was a band instrument and a contra bass was a Drum Corps instrument. I was probably technically confused, but that's what I meant.