DCI Championship Rings

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mrs Doebler was the sweetest lady ever. May she rest in peace. (I marched with her daughter Beth in Freelancers 83)

Thanks for saying that. My mom loved all her drum corps kids!

Greg, I don't remember ever seeing this patch! If you ever remember where it came from, I'd be interested in hearing the story.

I'm sorry Lee but I don't have any idea where it came from or who gave it to me. I honestly thought it was your mom who handed them out. It was just in my box of Drum Corps stuff. If I recall anything you'll be the first to know but someone else will have to fill in the blanks.

The first year was actually 1979. :tongue:

Actually.....I believe the first year DCI paid for rings was 1980. When BD came to Boston in 81, we were admiring the rings we wanted.....BD has been providing rings for their championship corps before DCI paid for them.

My ring from 1980.

Every time I show it to someone I get the same response: "What is DCI and why did they give you a ring??"

DCIFinalsRingcopy.jpg

1980, one my all time favorite years in DCI and one of my fav championship shows. Congrats. And 27th was awesome that year as well.