DCI Championship Rings

in 1988 I wore my 1987 finalist medal on a chain at all times. Came off the field after a show and the chain had wore through the metal loop on the medal. Luckily since I played bass the medal was held to my chest by my harness and with all the sweat it was actually stuck to my chest so I didn't lose it. But that was the last time I wore it around my neck. I have my two medals in a drawer now.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wore mine on my wedding day. I was still volunteering for Velvet Knights back then; and the board president's son asked me at the reception "You're wearing your DCI ring?" He could see it ALL the way across the church. Pics to come . . . stay tuned.

What corps make you buy your own ring? I can see paying for a replacement....or paying if you wanted the ring made out of higher grade materials.....but for the regular, original ring?

Great thread.

I have a friend who has two rings from Devs (94 and 96) and she wears them on a chain.

Heard a story about a guy from 91 Star leaving his at a rest area. Bummer.

MIKE

I'll wear it to the local Drum Corps shows every year but that's about it. For some reason the ring seems to have grown smaller over the years and doesn't quite fit the same as it used to.

LOL .. can I use this as the reason my clothes don't fit as well now?! BTW .. sweet ring!!!

Or this patch with a different name and color scheme on it :laughing:

This was probably not an official DCI patch as it doesn't have the DCI logo on it. I don't remember where it came from but it's been sitting in my box of drum corps stuff forever.

DCIPatch.jpg

Greg, I don't remember ever seeing this patch! If you ever remember where it came from, I'd be interested in hearing the story.

Great thread...I've always wondered what some of these rings looked like.

Not true in my year.

Submitted for your approval:

DCIRingLetter.jpg

Mrs Doebler was the sweetest lady ever. May she rest in peace. (I marched with her daughter Beth in Freelancers 83)