DCI Championship Rings

I wear mine a couple of times a month, of course I couldn't wear it for many years. It seems that the darn thing shrunk and then it grew again. Or was it that I grew and am now shrinking? :thumbdown:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We finally got rings a few years ago for the 30th anniversary of the championship. I wear it for anything involving drum corps (shows, etc.) and occasionally out to dinner. Once a lady at a restaurant came up to me as she was leaving and complemented me on and said she had noticed it from across the room. She didn’t have a background in drum corps, she just thought it looked nice. That was pretty cool.

Hey....I almost owned that :thumbdown:

I knew that was coming :ph34r:

I heard somewhere that when BD orders their rings, they actually order them all in the largest size possible to get the biggest stone on top, and then the members just have to get them sized down on their own. Can anyone confirm this, and if others corps do it too could you confirm that too?

Not true in my year.

Submitted for your approval:

DCIRingLetter.jpg

DCIMedals.jpg

But I still would not have minded the 1980 ring :thumbdown:

Or this patch with a different name and color scheme on it :ph34r:

This was probably not an official DCI patch as it doesn't have the DCI logo on it. I don't remember where it came from but it's been sitting in my box of drum corps stuff forever.

DCIPatch.jpg

I'll wear it to the local Drum Corps shows every year but that's about it. For some reason the ring seems to have grown smaller over the years and doesn't quite fit the same as it used to.

Hey the same thing happened to my pants too!

Hey the same thing happened to my pants too!

Seems we all have something in common other than Drum Corps.