CALLING ALL EMPIRE STATESMEN ALUMNI...

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still got some spots if any alumni want to join

Only if that Alumnus WANTS to join.

The Alumni, or 25th Anniversary events, are NOT part of a recruiting program. I certainly don't see it that way, nor does David, or Allen, or Jimmy Steele. That said, I know that "The Itch" is one of the most powerful forces in the universe.

I just wouldn't want any old members avoid these events.

Former Statesmen know what it's like to commit to the Statesmen; it's like dog years compared to every other corps. My 63 years with the corps were special, and these upcoming events are a celebration of the entire history of the corps.

Plus, I hear you're about full.

The Alumni, or 25th Anniversary events, are NOT part of a recruiting program. I certainly don't see it that way, nor does David, or Allen, or Jimmy Steele. That said, I know that "The Itch" is one of the most powerful forces in the universe.

Former Statesmen know what it's like to commit to the Statesmen; it's like dog years compared to every other corps. My 63 years with the corps were special, and these upcoming events are a celebration of the entire history of the corps.

You are totally correct Tommy! This is just a chance for the Alumni to come out and have fun and jump back into the ranks once more if they choose! Get that feeling back one more time! For someone who marched 15 or 20 years ago to jump back in full time is a lot to ask. But for the one time deal... why not???

Bah 63 years.. bust out the ol marching shoes and get your butt back in line TA

All kidding aside.. the alumni thing is going to be a lot of fun................

LOL...

Hey alums,

Allen and Tommy are right. The call to the alumni is a way for all of us to get together and enjoy great memories, great friends and to celebrate the last 25 years of the Empire Statesmen.

It is not the intention of any of us to get you to march. As Tommy said we are almost full and we are getting new people in each camp. Actually we are in really great shape, but you know how it is... and as Mr. B would have said..."it isn't August yet...pork-chop"....we are always recruiting "new" members.

Please consider coming out and joining the "ALUMNI" group this spring and summer. Even if that participation is throwing back a few "diet sodas" and having a few laughs...that is great.

Announcement of the Kick-Off Party will be out soon...keep your ears and eyes open. If we have your address you will be receiving an invitation by mail. If you have not called the Statesmen office with your current information....please do so you to can receive all of the news that will be coming soon.

Looking forward to seeing many of you soon,

Jimmy Steele - Brass Caption Head 97-98-99-08 and Statesmen Alum 91-99